2013 SC Awards US Finalists: Round Five
2013 SC Magazine US Awards Finalists
READER TRUST AWARDS
Best Database Security Solution
Protecting its critical information is the number one priority for many organizations. An integral component of this is to secure corporate databases. Entries here should include solutions that help customers safeguard mission-critical database environments. Features of these offerings can run the gamut – from encryption to access management to logging and monitoring. Be sure to explain the specific ways the solution protects these corporate crown jewels and the features present to ensure exposures are mitigated.
- DB Networks for Adaptive Database Firewall
- BeyondTrust for PowerBroker Database - Monitor & Audit
- IBM for IBM InfoSphere Guardium
- Imperva for Imperva SecureSphere
- McAfee for McAfee Database Security Solution
Best IPsec/SSL VPN
For this category, we are focusing on IPsec and SSL VPN products. IPsec products usually provide encrypted point-to-point (as opposed to end-to-end) remote access using IPsec. SSL VPN products provide encrypted remote access to client machines using the SSL/TLS protocol. Client machines may use either a web browser or a standalone SSL VPN client. The SSL VPN must provide access to a client network – not only a web application interface. Product must support multiple, simultaneous SSL VPN connections. Many of these products are integrated VPN/portal products.
- Barracuda Networks for Barracuda SSL VPN
- Dell SonicWALL for Dell SonicWALL Aventail E-Class SRA EX9000
- HOB for HOB RD VPN blue edition
- Juniper Networks for MAG Series Junos Pulse Gateways
- NCP Engineering for NCP Secure Enterprise Management 3.0
Best Security Information/Event Management (SIEM) Appliance
Tools in the security information and event management (SIEM) category are used to collect, aggregate and correlate log data for unified analysis and reporting. Typically, these solutions can take logs from a large number of sources, normalize them and build a database that allows detailed reporting and analysis. While forensic analysis of network events may be a feature of a SIEM, it is not the only feature, nor is it the primary focus of the tool.
- HP for ArcSight Express
- IBM Software Group for QRadar SIEM
- LogRhythm for LogRhythm
- NetIQ for NetIQ Sentinel 7
- SolarWinds for SolarWinds Log & Event Manager (LEM)
- Splunk for Splunk Enterprise
Best Security Company
Nominees should be the tried-and-true, longer-standing companies which have been offering products and services to customers for at least three years. Nominations can come from all sectors. Areas that will be accounted for in the judging process include: product line strength, customer base, customer service/support, research and development, company growth and solvency, innovation and more.
- Cyber-Ark Software
- Dell SonicWALL
Rookie Security Company of the Year
Nominated companies should be new to the IT security field – offering an initial, strong, flagship product that is within two years of its initial release. Nominees can come from any IT security product/service sector and will be continuing efforts in further product development, customer growth and overall fiscal and employee growth. Please note in your submission the launch date of your initial flagship offering. If this initial offering or any of your other products have been on the market for longer than two years, please do not submit a nomination in this category.
- Pindrop Security
Best Cyber Security Higher Education Program
The best cyber security undergraduate or higher education program which currently has a cyber security degree program. These are for schools throughout the United States and qualification is based on the quality of instruction, programs and how well these prepare students for the marketplace.
- Champlain College for Computer Forensics & Digital Investigation Degree Programs
- Iowa State University for Cyber Security Education Program
- Kennesaw State University for Bachelor of Business Administration in Information Security and Assurance (BBA-ISA)
- University of Maryland University College for Cyber Security Degrees and Certificate Programs