2013 SC Awards US Finalists: Round Four
2013 SC Magazine US Awards Finalists
READER TRUST AWARDS
Best Data Leakage Prevention (DLP)
Includes products that help organizations safeguard their intellectual property and customers' critical data persistently – inside and outside the company. Network-based and endpoint data leakage prevention products will be considered. Products should prevent data from unauthorized exit from the network, or protect data on the endpoint – whether the endpoint is connected to a network or not. Products typically are policy-driven and should include scanning of all data, regardless of protocol or application leaving the network, and/or keep track of peripherals, such as removable storage and attached to the endpoint – reporting that inventory to a central location or administrator. All entrants should have the capability of being managed by a centralized administrator. Those products considered part of this category include: network DLP products, which are typically gateways; those products protecting only endpoints; and hybrid products that operate at both the gateway to the network and at the endpoint. Specifically for endpoint DLP, traffic should be monitored and encryption should be available.
- Dell SonicWALL for Dell SonicWALL E-Class Network Security Appliance (NSA) 8510
- Identity Finder for Identity Finder
- RSA, the security division of EMC, for RSA DLP
- Symantec for Symantec Data Loss Prevention
- Trend Micro for Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention
- Websense for Websense Data Security Suite
Best Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention System (IDS/IPS) Product
Products in this category monitor networks for malicious behavior and block or prevent those activities. Typically, they are for enterprise deployments, moving well beyond the desktop. Please note: The product is not an email gateway that additionally provides IDS services. Secondary services are permitted, but product may not be classed as a UTM, anti-malware/anti-spam gateway, or other tool not considered to have classic IDS/IPS functionality.
- Check Point Software Technologies for Check Point IPS Software Blade
- Dell SonicWALL for Dell SonicWALL SuperMassive E10200
- HP for HP TippingPoint S7100NX Next Generation Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- IBM for IBM Security Network IPS / Network Protection
- Sourcefire for Sourcefire Next-Generation IPS (NGIPS)
Best Policy Management Solution
These products are used to enforce configuration policies to devices in an enterprise. This can include, but is not limited to, network configuration, encryption configuration, software configuration and hardware configuration. These products are able to audit devices against a policy created by an administrator, as well as have the ability to make policy changes to devices in the enterprise. Important functionality will include compliance management.
- IBM for IBM Endpoint Manager
- AirWatch for AirWatch MDM/MCM/MAM
- NetIQ for NetIQ Secure Configuration Manager
- SolarWinds for SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM)
- Tripwire for Tripwire Enterprise 8.2
Best Customer Service
Support and service of offerings sold are critical components of any contract. For many organizations that seek out help from information security vendors and service providers, the assistance they get from customer service representatives is crucial to the deployment, ongoing maintenance and successful running of the technologies they've bought and to which they have entrusted their businesses and sensitive data. For this new category, we're looking for vendor and service providers that offer stellar support and service – the staff that fulfilled its contracts and maybe even goes a little beyond to ensure that organizations are protected from the many threats launched by today's savvy cyber criminals.
- Barracuda Networks for Barracuda Customer Service and Support
- ESoft for eSoft Customer Support
- Kaspersky Lab Americas for Kaspersky Business Products
- Qualys for QualysGuard Technical Support
- Vanguard Integrity Professionals for Vanguard Customer Service
Best Professional Certification Program
Programs are defined as professional industry groups offering certifications to IT security professionals wishing to receive educational experience and credentials. Entrants can include organizations in the industry granting certifications for the training and knowledge they provide.
- GIAC - Global Information Assurance Certification for GIAC Security Expert (GSE)
- GIAC - Global Information Assurance Certification for GIAC Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester (GXPN)
- Information System Audit and Control Association for CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control)
- Information System Audit and Control Association for CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
- Information System Audit and Control Association for CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
Best Professional Training Program
Programs are defined as those geared toward strengthening expertise of information security professionals via training by an outside industry expert on secure coding, end-user awareness and more. Entrants can include companies offering such training and which does not conclude with the winning of a particular professional certification.
- Guidance Software for Guidance Software Training
- Inspired eLearning for Security Awareness Training
- (ISC)2 for The (ISC)2 Education Program
- Secure Ninja for SecureNinja Cyber Security Training Program
- The SANS Institute for SANS Training