2013 SC Awards US Finalists: Round Two
2013 SC Magazine US Awards Finalists
READER TRUST AWARDS
Best Cloud Computing Security
These technologies are deployed to protect data and/or applications deployed in a cloud environment. They may also protect the cloud computing infrastructure itself. Cloud computing security concerns are numerous for both providers and their customers, and include security and privacy worries, compliance issues and legal/contractual problems. Solutions or services in this category can provide for the protection of data or applications in the cloud, protection for traffic flowing between companies and their cloud service providers, policy management and encryption capabilities, privileged user access and controls or more.
- IBM for IBM Cloud Security Solutions
- Juniper Networks for vGW Virtual Gateway
- Sophos for Sophos SafeGuard 6
- Symantec for Symantec O3 Cloud Identity and Access Control
- Trend Micro for Trend Micro Deep Security 9
- Websense for Websense TRITON Enterprise
Best Fraud Prevention Solution
Given the reliance on the internet by consumers from all walks of life to conduct any number of retail, banking or other transactions, fraud prevention solutions have become critical. Solutions nominated in this category strive to minimize problems with online privacy and security that could lead to fraud and, therefore, impact both the company and the customer. Still an evolving area of information security, there are a slew of solutions and services available that could qualify for consideration in this category – from authentication and enhanced encryption solutions to secure web communication or malware detection offerings.
- CA Technologies for CA RiskMinder
- Entrust for Entrust TransactionGuard
- RSA, the security division of EMC, for RSA Adaptive Authentication
- Symantec for Symantec Code Signing
- Trusteer for Trusteer Pinpoint
Best Multifactor Product
Products here provide enhanced security to end-users or devices by offering credentials for access to an authenticator or authentication server. Software and hardware that specializes in the biometric authentication of users is also included here. These solutions may use a tangible device (something you have) for authentication, and knowledge (something you know) for authentication. For biometrics, the solution provides identification and authentication using any of the following methods: finger/thumb print/retinal scan/voice recognition/hand/palm geometry/facial recognition.
- CA Technologies for CA AuthMinder
- Entrust for Entrust IdentityGuard
- PhoneFactor for PhoneFactor
- RSA, the security division of EMC, for RSA SecurID
- Symantec for Symantec VIP
Best Web Application Firewall
Application firewalls inspect the body of packets and restricts access to legitimate application traffic while blocking access to other parts of the operating system. They typically use deep packet inspection, provide logging and reporting, block real-time traffic, provide alerting capabilities and auto-update features, perform web caching, provide content filtering, offer web-based access to reporting and/or logging, protect traffic from reaching the underlying operating system, and filter application traffic to only legitimate requests.
- Barracuda Networks for Barracuda Web Application Firewall
- Dell SonicWALL for Dell SonicWALL SRA Web Application Firewall Service
- Fortinet for FortiWeb-400C
- IBM for IBM Security Network IPS/Network Protection
- Imperva for SecureSphere Web Application Firewall
Best Enterprise Security Solution
This includes tools and services from all product sectors specifically designed to meet the requirements of large enterprises. The winning offering will have been a leading solution during the last two years, having helped to strengthen the IT security industry's continued evolution.
- CA Technologies for CA Technologies Content-Aware Identity and Access Management Suite
- FireEye for FireEye Malware Protection System
- Qualys for QualysGuard Enterprise
- Sourcefire for Sourcefire Next-Generation IPS (NGIPS)
- Tenable Network Security for SecurityCenter
- Varonis Systems for Varonis Data Governance Suite