2014 SC Awards U.S. Finalists: Round Three
2014 SC Awards U.S. Finalists: Round One
READER TRUST AWARDS
Best Computer Forensic Solution
Products in this category fall into two sub-categories: network and media. The network tools must be exclusively intended for forensic analysis of network events/data. If the product is a SIEM with forensic capabilities, it should be placed in the SIEM category. Media tools cover just about all other non-network forensic tools, including those tools that collect data from media over the network and live forensic tools. This also includes specialized forensic tools that are not intended to analyze network data.
- AccessData Corp. for Forensic Toolkit
- Cyber Security Technologies for P2P Marshal
- Guidance Software for EnCase Forensic
- Lancope for Lancope's StealthWatch System
- RSA, the security division of EMC, for RSA Security Analytics
Best Identity Management Solution
Products in this category address the identity management lifecycle in an enterprise environment, including password management, user provisioning and enterprise-access management.
- CA Technologies for CA IdentityMinder
- Centrify for Centrify Server Suite Enterprise Edition
- Dell for One Identity Manager
- NetIQ for NetIQ Identity Manager 4
- Ping Identity for PingFederateEnterprise
- RSA, the security division of EMC, for RSA Aveksa
Best NAC Solution
Protecting host-based computing platforms and network resources from threats that are brought in by employees, vendors, contractors and guests involves a numbers of solutions and policies. From anti-virus and firewalls to IDS/IPS solutions, the products in this category run the gamut. However, to control access to network resources at the endpoint, the tools companies often rely on are network access control (NAC) products. These solutions can be used to validate the existence of certain security measures and validate that they are properly configured and up to date. They also can validate the existence of current OS patches and can be used to manage the complexity associated with overseeing permissions and authorizations for various groups of users. Most will integrate with a common directory structure, some will provide local authentication capabilities, while others will match something on the endpoint – such as an agent or MAC address – to the authentication before allowing access to the protected network resources.
- Bradford Networks for Network Sentry
- ForeScout Technologies for ForeScout CounterACT
- Juniper Networks for Unified Access Control
- Trustwave for Trustwave NAC
Best Web Content Management Solution
Products in this category provide web content filtering for laptops, desktops and, optionally, servers They may block or filter objectionable websites and content, and enlist blacklist, whitelist or both to update the vendor-provided data on which the solution is based.
- Blue Coat Systems for ProxySG with WebFilter
- Clearswift for SECURE Web Gateway
- Entensys for UserGate Web Filter
- Trustwave for Trustwave Secure Web Gateway
- Websense for Websense Web Security Gateway Anywhere
Nominated solutions should help organizations comply with specific regulatory requirements demanded of companies in the health care, retail, educational, financial services and government markets. Solutions should help customers meet mandates noted in such legislation as HIPAA, SOX, GLBA, FISMA, or in guidelines noted by the likes of the FFIEC or the PCI Security Standards Council. Nominees must be prepared to offer references of customers who are engaged in, or have already completed, real, fully fledged deployments, and should be ready to address specific questions posed to them during the judging process.
- Agiliance for Agiliance RiskVision
- AirWatch for AirWatch Enterprise Mobility Managment
- Qualys for QualysGuard Policy Compliance (PC)
- Tripwire for Tripwire Enterprise Suite
- Websense for Websense Data Security Suite