The Democratic senators sent a letter to the White House stressing the importance of developing a "coordinated strategy" to battle cybercrime at financial institutions.
Researchers at Israel's Ben-Gurion University have created a software program that causes air-gapped computers to leak data via radio-frequency electromagnetic emissions generated through USB-connected devices.
FAA small unmanned aircraft system rule went into effect broadly authorizing commercial drone operations but noticeably lacking privacy specific standards.
Personal information of Illinois voters is believed to have been siphoned in a cyberattack, possibly of foreign origin.
A pair of new ransomware types named Fantom and FairWare have been uncovered with one going after computer owners concerned about their device's security and the second targeting Linux users.
The FBI said foreign hackers made their way into voter databases in two states in recent weeks, the latest indication of potential problems to come in November's presidential election.
September 2016 Product Reviews
Well, we're well into summer and we've had a short break during our two-month combo edition for July and August so let's get back to it with one of our more active groups: data leak prevention (DLP) and endpoint security.
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
Black Hat 2016
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- MedSec goes its own way with medical device flaw
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Juniper confirms leaked "NSA exploits" affect its firewalls, no patch released yet
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!
- Six senators urge Obama to prioritize cybercrime at G20 summit
- Creating a buzz: USBee software causes air-gapped computers to leak data via USB connections
- Privacy advocates upset over FAA drone regulations, citizen takes action
- Voter database hack in Illinois by foreign intruder compromises info of 200K
- Fantom and FairWare ransomware discovered