Security researchers have uncovered a detailed cybercrime campaign against point-of-sale systems managed by two entrepreneurial criminals who have instituted the best practices of the global economy.
A cybercriminal could be risking a serious beating by compromising the popular Russian boxing site allboxing[.]ru with a redirect to a third-party site containing a Russian banking trojan.
Google and Dropbox are the latest U.S. tech giants to register with the Privacy Shield.
The security firm InfoArmor believes the Yahoo! data breach far exceeds the 500 million number, that the hack was accomplished by a cybergang, not a nation-state, and that overall about 3.5 billion user records have been stolen over the years.
A hacker who was associated with the Syrian Electronic Army (SEA) pleaded guilty to conspiring to receive extortion proceeds and conspiring to unlawfully access computers.
Data Breach Blog
Independent Security Researcher Troy Hunt spotted a database containing the information of nearly 324,000 Regpack accounts.
Nearly three-quarters of businesses have end-of-support devices operating in their networks, and the consequences could prove dire, a new study found.
SC Spotlight Feature
The IT staff at a Honolulu-based telecommunications company went looking for a security management platform for its managed network and security services. It found what it needed.
September 2016 Product Reviews
Well, we're well into summer and we've had a short break during our two-month combo edition for July and August so let's get back to it with one of our more active groups: data leak prevention (DLP) and endpoint security.
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach
- Report on POS campaign provides peek into scalable tactics of cybercrime duo
- Yahoo! data breach likely exceeds 500 million records
- Boards taking more cyber seriously, driven by regulatory requirements, report finds
- Curtain closes on Ransomware Encryptor RaaS, but with master key
- BIND update fixes high-severity flaw affecting ICS, as CERT releases update to CSET tool