Two recent reports warn of the dangers of over-reliance on perimeter security as an enterprise defense method.
A new version of the Andoid.Xiny trojan that can now root a device to gain admin privileges and that is harder to uninstall has been spotted by security researchers.
Even in an age dominated by smartphones and tablets, the device that helped start the mobile communications revolution, the beeper or pager, is still a doctor's constant companion, but a study found this little device is ill suited for keeping medical information secure.
Death Eaters, or perhaps just bad guys, with a taste for the Harry Potters franchise have unleashed a new strain of ransomware they've dubbed Voldemort, named for the villain of the book and movie series.
Uber will now require drivers to take selfies to prevent fraud and protect their accounts from compromise.
Data Breach Blog
Independent Security Researcher Troy Hunt spotted a database containing the information of nearly 324,000 Regpack accounts.
SC Spotlight Feature
The IT staff at a Honolulu-based telecommunications company went looking for a security management platform for its managed network and security services. It found what it needed.
An internet hosting company has been the subject of a distributed denial of service attacks the likes of which the world has never seen
September 2016 Product Reviews
Well, we're well into summer and we've had a short break during our two-month combo edition for July and August so let's get back to it with one of our more active groups: data leak prevention (DLP) and endpoint security.
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- Cisco warns of exploitation of new flaws linked to Shadow Brokers exploits
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace
- Wi-Fi warning! Study finds U.S. unaware of public Wi-fi risks