Palo Alto Networks Unit 42 researchers have identified the backdoor on numerous devices, so far leaving more than 10 million users vulnerable.
The new "Onyx" family of Boleto malware is altering its tactics to infect victims' transactions and possibly cause billions of dollars in losses.
The vulnerability can enable attackers to steal credentials and personal and business data, as well as infect machines with malware.
2015 is setup to be one of the most dangerous years for not only your PC but also your mobile devices and cloud storage.
Focus: Cyber Threats
An employee with PhishMe was targeted by a crafty phishing email, allowing researchers to analyze an innovative attack that results in a malware infection.
This is another market area that has seen a lot of change over the past few years.
The year's Innovators in this group focus on security management in a cloud or virtual environment.
Data protection is a fuzzy, sometimes nebulous term. Certainly everything we do on the network is intended to protect the data on it. In an era of widely dispersed global enterprise the data often seems to be alone on the internet.
Security infrastructure is another one of those ever-changing categories. What looked like infrastructure a few years ago is, for the most part, long gone.
Hall of Famers are in their third consecutive year of appearing here and that sends the strong message that they are Innovators and they have staying power.
Data Breach Blog
Burden of proof should grow heavier as request for access grows more sensitive.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Impact of Linux bug 'grinch' spans servers, workstations, Android devices and more
- House, in rush vote, passes Intelligence Authorization Act
- More than 100K WordPress sites compromised by malware due to plugin vulnerability
- U.S. accounts for most Mac OS X attacks and websites seeded with malware
- Audit shows University of Maryland security flaws remain
- Critical 'Misfortune Cookie' bug puts millions of internet-connected routers at risk
- Securing the enterprise with the five W's of access
- Exploits, mobile and cloud storage threats will plague users in 2015
- 2015 trends to watch: Data destruction, endpoint intelligence and user behavior analytics
- Former employees sue Sony, theaters drop 'The Interview'