Cryptology executive Jon Callas returned to Apple, following the FBI/Apple showdown this year.
The US-CERT issued an alert this week, warning of a "domain name collision" bug, causing certain DNS queries to be resolved on public instead of private or enterprise servers, exposing organizations to Man-in-the-Middle attacks.
The "Celebgate" hacker pled guilty for a phishing scam that led him to hack into celebrity accounts to steal nude photos.
On the heels of a breach last week at LinkedIn that exposed passwords of 117 million users, Microsoft has put in place new password security for users of its Azure Active Directory.
In a video on Facebook, a figure in a Guy Fawkes mask accused Florida Gov. Rick Scott of a "collusion of corruption" following the dumping of polluted water from Lake Okeechobee into the Atlantic Ocean.
Data Breach Blog
Information on patients in New Mexico's San Juan County DWI treatment program may have been compromised.
More than 4,000 patients of the Children's National Health System received notices of a data breach following a former vendor disclosing patient health information on an FTP site viewable on the web.
The San Mateo Foster City School District (SMFCSD) reported that personal information of active employees was compromised.
Hackers hijacked 2,500 Twitter accounts and used them to spread links for adult content.
The Threat Hunter Blog
These two malwares have been much in the news over the past week or so.
May 2016 Product Reviews
Significant, mature next-generation blend of SIEM and UTM capabilities at a very reasonable price. Outstanding customer relationship building.
Probably the most complete pure-play SIEM we’ve seen with the added benefit of many next-gen features and superlative correlation and analytics.
Excellent price point for a very flexible SIEM/log correlator with lots of features.
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
SC Magazine Articles
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Spearphishing attack nets $495K from investment firm
- Updated: Gmail, Yahoo email credentials among millions found on the dark web
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Organizations need formal vendor risk management programs, study
- Apple rehires crypto legend Jon Callas
- China's quantum communications satellite to improve data security, thwart hackers
- 34% of Brits willing to sacrifice their online safety for weight loss
- Banks fail to innovate, blaming info security fears, report
- It's a trap! WhatsApp Gold 'premium' version lures users to malware