The First Amendment Coalition is suing the San Diego Police Department and the city of San Diego in an effort to get public records released on the force's stingray use.
An intruder initially gained access to an Ars Technica web server and was then able to access a more central machine using information from a "poorly located" backup file.
The new "Onyx" family of Boleto malware is altering its tactics to infect victims' transactions and possibly cause billions of dollars in losses.
2015 is setup to be one of the most dangerous years for not only your PC but also your mobile devices and cloud storage.
Focus: Data Breaches
Sony Pictures recently canceled the "The Interview" movie release, following hacker threats.
This is another market area that has seen a lot of change over the past few years.
The year's Innovators in this group focus on security management in a cloud or virtual environment.
Data protection is a fuzzy, sometimes nebulous term. Certainly everything we do on the network is intended to protect the data on it. In an era of widely dispersed global enterprise the data often seems to be alone on the internet.
Security infrastructure is another one of those ever-changing categories. What looked like infrastructure a few years ago is, for the most part, long gone.
Hall of Famers are in their third consecutive year of appearing here and that sends the strong message that they are Innovators and they have staying power.
Data Breach Blog
Burden of proof should grow heavier as request for access grows more sensitive.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Impact of Linux bug 'grinch' spans servers, workstations, Android devices and more
- House, in rush vote, passes Intelligence Authorization Act
- More than 100K WordPress sites compromised by malware due to plugin vulnerability
- Phishing email contains Word doc, enabling macros leads to malware infection
- U.S. accounts for most Mac OS X attacks and websites seeded with malware
- White House calls Sony hack a "serious national security matter," gov't mulls proper response
- 'Spark' shares traits with Alina, JackPOS, uses AutoIt differently
- California nonprofit sues San Diego Police Department over stingray documents
- Critical 'Misfortune Cookie' bug puts millions of internet-connected routers at risk
- Securing the enterprise with the five W's of access