An investigation into the compromising of Japan's national pension system found that 99 percent of the accessed files were without any sort of password protection.
Security firm Veracode released its "State of Software Security" report, breaking down trends by industry verticals.
An unknown number of hackers accessed, downloaded and posted at least 400 GB-worth of documents from Hacking Team, a company often seen as aiding in human rights violations.
ERPScan has identified 549 Oracle PeopleSoft systems that are accessible via the internet, and observed that 231 of those systems are vulnerable to a critical attack.
On June 19, an intrusion was discovered on the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and Central Administration information technology networks.
Data Breach Blog
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Samsung devices, including Galaxy S6, vulnerable to remote code execution
- Dridex banking malware spreading through new spam campaign
- More than 440K new Android malware strains found in Q1, study finds
- U.S., China agree to cybersecurity code of conduct
- Suspicious activity on LastPass network, data compromised
- Study: Only 27 percent of flaws found in gov't applications fixed
- Hacking Team hacked; leaked documents confirm sale of software to Sudan and Ethiopia
- Oracle PeopleSoft attack could enable big data breaches
- FireKeepers confirms breach, says about 85,000 cards and other info are at risk
- Plex video sharing customers left at risk after hack attack