SC Magazine Senior Reporter Jeremy Seth Davis discusses commodity malware with Cybereason CISO Israel Barak.
A UK-based investigative journalism site has come under cyberattack, purportedly from Russia, for its articles critical of Russia's involvement in the shooting down of Malaysian Airlines Flight 17 and corruption.
Europol has released its yearly Internet Organised Crime Threat Assessment (IOCTA) report, which this year has highlighted a sharp incline in cyber-crime and identified eight cyber-crime trends.
FBI Director James Comey told the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday that his agency has spotted outside entities attempting to hack voter registration sites in several states.
ISC released an update Tuesday for a high-severity security flaw affecting open source software that implements DNS protocols.
Data Breach Blog
Independent Security Researcher Troy Hunt spotted a database containing the information of nearly 324,000 Regpack accounts.
SC Spotlight Feature
The IT staff at a Honolulu-based telecommunications company went looking for a security management platform for its managed network and security services. It found what it needed.
An internet hosting company has been the subject of a distributed denial of service attacks the likes of which the world has never seen
September 2016 Product Reviews
Well, we're well into summer and we've had a short break during our two-month combo edition for July and August so let's get back to it with one of our more active groups: data leak prevention (DLP) and endpoint security.
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- 185M incidents bypassed perimeter defenses - report
- OVH suffers massive 1.1Tbps DDoS attack
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- UPDATE: Petya ransomware leverages Dropbox and overwrites hard drives
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- BIND update fixes high-severity flaw affecting ICS, as CERT releases update to CSET tool
- ISACA programme aims to attract more women into technology professions
- End-of-support devices on networks weakening cyberdefenses, report
- Android.Lockerscreen using pseudorandom passcodes to ensure payouts
- FBI investigating hacked mobile phones of Democratic officials