Hackers hijacked 2,500 Twitter accounts and used them to spread links for adult content.
A new study showing how federal agencies still don't have a firm grasp of cybersecurity practices was ironically released just days after the third-party contractor hired to fortify the U.S. Office of Personnel Management's systems suddenly quit.
SWIFT CEO Gottfried Leibbrandt issued details of the messaging service company's information-sharing strategy.
The criminal developers behind the ransomware DMA Locker have for the third time updated the malware rolling out 4.0 version several days ago.
Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) and Sen. Will Hurd (R-Texas) took aim at Congress's personal cyber hygiene in a letter penned to their fellow legislators.
Data Breach Blog
Information on patients in New Mexico's San Juan County DWI treatment program may have been compromised.
More than 4,000 patients of the Children's National Health System received notices of a data breach following a former vendor disclosing patient health information on an FTP site viewable on the web.
The San Mateo Foster City School District (SMFCSD) reported that personal information of active employees was compromised.
GCHQ's infosec unit CESG was credited with the discovery of two vulnerabilities that were patched by Apple last week.
The Threat Hunter Blog
These two malwares have been much in the news over the past week or so.
May 2016 Product Reviews
Significant, mature next-generation blend of SIEM and UTM capabilities at a very reasonable price. Outstanding customer relationship building.
Probably the most complete pure-play SIEM we’ve seen with the added benefit of many next-gen features and superlative correlation and analytics.
Excellent price point for a very flexible SIEM/log correlator with lots of features.
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
SC Magazine Articles
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Spearphishing attack nets $495K from investment firm
- Updated: Gmail, Yahoo email credentials among millions found on the dark web
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Organizations need formal vendor risk management programs, study
- 2.5K Twitter accounts hacked to spread links to adult content
- Study: Federal agencies still lack strong cyber hygiene practices
- Petya and Mischa - the Ransomware Twins (sort of)
- Bad guys update ransomware DMA Locker with version 4.0
- Lieu, Hurd urge colleagues to use encryption, improve cyber hygiene