Sucuri researcher Daniel Cid found that it only took an attacker 12 minutes to compromise an IPv4 server, and shortly after launch DDoS attacks.
With the massive Yahoo! data breach grabbing the cybersecurity headlines of late, it might be easy to forget criminals are still busy pushing ransomware with two new varieties being recently introduced and a one older type being revamped.
A coalition of privacy organizations are suing the United States and its allies for involvement in a bulk data collection program, which they say violates the European Convention on Human Rights.
The security firm Zerodium announced an increase in bounty prices for zero-day exploits with the top prize now being $1.5 million for and Apple iOS 10 remote jailbreak, a $1 million increase.
Microsoft has announced it is to harden the Edge browser for enterprise users.
Data Breach Blog
Independent Security Researcher Troy Hunt spotted a database containing the information of nearly 324,000 Regpack accounts.
The security firm InfoArmor believes the Yahoo! data breach far exceeds the 500 million number, that the hack was accomplished by a cybergang, not a nation-state, and that overall about 3.5 billion user records have been stolen over the years.
SC Spotlight Feature
The IT staff at a Honolulu-based telecommunications company went looking for a security management platform for its managed network and security services. It found what it needed.
September 2016 Product Reviews
Well, we're well into summer and we've had a short break during our two-month combo edition for July and August so let's get back to it with one of our more active groups: data leak prevention (DLP) and endpoint security.
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
SC Magazine Articles
- 185M incidents bypassed perimeter defenses - report
- OVH suffers massive 1.1Tbps DDoS attack
- Case study: Hawaiian Telcom says aloha to AlienVault security management
- OpenSSL patches 14 vulns, including high-severity flaw that can be exploited for DoS attacks
- Yahoo! data breach likely exceeds 500 million records
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach