Claiming that Wendy's didn't properly protect data, First Choice Credit Union filed a class action lawsuit against the retailer over a breach experienced last year.
Minutes before the NFL Draft commenced on Thursday night, an apparent hacker accessed the Twitter account of top prospect Laremy Tunsil and posted an old video of the Ole Miss player smoking from a bong, damaging his value.
Zscaler researchers spotted an Android infostealer disguised as a Google Chrome update that is capable of terminating antivirus applications and even ending calls.
The 23-year-old mastermind behind the hack of the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) website, which led to the exposure of 55 million voter records, was arrested by the Cybercrime Division of the National Bureau of Investigation in the Philippines Friday.
IBM security researchers have spotted an uptick in mobile malware competition in pricing, features and quality on the black market.
Data Breach Blog
Seattle-based pet store LuckyPet notified the California State Attorney General's office of a data breach that compromised online customer information.
Incidents of fraud were reported after an unauthorized person accessed an Archdiocese of Denver database maintained by a third-party and which contained PII on 18,000 former and current employees and their dependents.
An attacker used a phishing attack to obtain personal identifiable information (PII) on thousands of employees of the Olympia School District.
The PCI Data Security Standard version 3.2 released Thursday not only includes new requirements to safeguard payment data, including multifactor authentication.
The Threat Hunter Blog
We've been examining some of the newer - or, at least, most currently prevalent - strains of ransomware. This time we look at Locky.
SC April 2016 Product Reviews
There is nothing like this that we've seen. It's a neat idea, well conceived and executed and, if you are thinking about adding biometrics to your app, this might just be the thing to make your decision for you.
A unique and user-friendly approach to strong authentication. This fits well in a banking environment and with other Datablink products can provide more universal authentication to such things as networks.
If you are looking for a front-end authentication portal that works well in a distributed environment, this one demands your consideration.
If your organization is connected to the Internet, you are very likely engaged in cyber warfare whether you like it or not.
Me and my job: Karthik Rangarajan security engineer, Addepar
If Apple complies, the FBI would have the ability to compromise personal security when it wishes, says Ryan O'Leary, VP of Threat Research Center, WhiteHat Security. .
SC Magazine Articles
- Was Spotify breached? Account info shows up on Pastebin
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Researcher finds backdoor that accessed Facebook employee passwords
- Over 7M Minecraft mobile credentials exposed after Lifeboat data breach
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach
- The anatomy of a spearphishing scam, or how to steal $100M with a fake email
- FBI investigating attack against computer networks at U.S. law firms
- Pros examine Mossack Fonseca breach: WordPress plugin, Drupal likely suspects
- First Choice Credit Union files class-action suit against Wendy's over breach
- Top NFL prospect Tunsil free falls in draft after apparent hacker posts damaging video, texts
- Researchers spot Android Infostealer disguised as Chrome update
- Researchers spot mobile malware competition on the black market
- Judge ruled go ahead for claims of phone hacking against UK tabloid