In a tweet sent out at after midnight on Wednesday night, Sony announced it was enabling two-factor authentication for its PlayStation Network.
DDoS attacks have increased in frequency, scale and complexity over the past year, driven by DDoS-for-hire services.
Researchers across three universities have discovered seven classes of vulnerabilities in the sandboxing feature of Apple's iOS operating system.
Citizen Lab and Lookout researchers detected an active spyware which exploited three iOS zero-day vulnerabilities.
Data Breach Blog
A laptop taken home by an employee of the Whitehead Nursing Home was stolen.
Attackers used a flaw in the internet forum software vBulletin to breach 11 websites, exposing personal information of 27 million accounts.
September 2016 Product Reviews
Well, we're well into summer and we've had a short break during our two-month combo edition for July and August so let's get back to it with one of our more active groups: data leak prevention (DLP) and endpoint security.
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
Black Hat 2016
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- U.S. government extends offer to protect states from electoral cyberthreats
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought