Several public interest groups reached out to the FCC calling for action concerning the implementation of DSRC technology.
Phishing scams and ransomware attacks may be grabbing the headlines, but for the financial sector lost or stolen mobile devices were the leading cause of data breaches over the last decade.
Baltimore police have been running an aerial surveillance program capable of tracking people and cars since early 2016, which is being paid for not by the city, but an unnamed private citizen and all of this has been done without public input.
VMware released security updates this week to address a local privilege escalation vulnerability in its VMware Identity Manager and vRealize Automation software, as well as a remote code execution vulnerability in the latter product.
Attackers used a flaw in the internet forum software vBulletin to breach 11 websites, exposing personal information of 27 million accounts.
Data Breach Blog
A laptop taken home by an employee of the Whitehead Nursing Home was stolen.
Researchers have found the first known Android mobile malware to use a Twitter account, rather than a traditional command-and-control server, to control infected devices.
September 2016 Product Reviews
Well, we're well into summer and we've had a short break during our two-month combo edition for July and August so let's get back to it with one of our more active groups: data leak prevention (DLP) and endpoint security.
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
Black Hat 2016
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- U.S. government extends offer to protect states from electoral cyberthreats
- Cisco shedding 7% of its workforce
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought