Criminal outfits are increasingly distributing "designer" spam and malware, customized to optimally target victims in specific geographic regions, according to new research from Sophos' research division, SophosLabs.
At least one major corporation that uses ADP as its payroll vendor had some of its employees W-2 tax information compromised.
Google released patches for 40 security vulnerabilities affecting Android devices. Vulnerabilities include remote code execution, elevated privilege, and remote denial of service (DoS) flaws.
Tampa International Airport has expedited and expanded an audit of its network security, following the resignation of an IT consultant who was allegedly found to have shared system passwords with unauthorized parties.
Gozi banking malware creator Nikita Kuzmin sentenced to time served and a $7 million fine as the U.S. Attorney's office tells judge Kuzmin provided "substantial assistance" to the government.
Data Breach Blog
Solano Community College in Fairfield, Calif. was hit with a spearphishing attack led to the W-2 information for about 1,200 staffers being compromised.
Seattle-based pet store LuckyPet notified the California State Attorney General's office of a data breach that compromised online customer information.
Incidents of fraud were reported after an unauthorized person accessed an Archdiocese of Denver database maintained by a third-party and which contained PII on 18,000 former and current employees and their dependents.
Lizard Squad is back with a vengeance, according to an advisory from Action Fraud UK which is advising organisations to report the attacks, keep detailed records and seek help from their ISPs.
The Threat Hunter Blog
We've been examining some of the newer - or, at least, most currently prevalent - strains of ransomware. This time we look at Locky.
May 2016 Product Reviews
Significant, mature next-generation blend of SIEM and UTM capabilities at a very reasonable price. Outstanding customer relationship building.
Probably the most complete pure-play SIEM we’ve seen with the added benefit of many next-gen features and superlative correlation and analytics.
Excellent price point for a very flexible SIEM/log correlator with lots of features.
A communication gap exists today between CISOs and the board of directors, says Feris Rifai, CEO, Bay Dynamics.
Government surveillance is, however, not new, says Patrick O'Kane, barrister and compliance counsel.
SC Magazine Articles
- PCI DSS version 3.2 release extends multifactor authentication requirement
- Over 7M Minecraft mobile credentials exposed after Lifeboat data breach
- New site on dark web offering one-stop ransom services
- Pwnedlist vulnerability exposed 866M accounts
- Turkish fascists claim responsibility for Qatar bank data breach
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach
- The anatomy of a spearphishing scam, or how to steal $100M with a fake email
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Pros examine Mossack Fonseca breach: WordPress plugin, Drupal likely suspects