Attackers have been circulating a trojan via email messages with subjects such as "ACH payroll payment was not accepted by Central Trust and Savings Bank."
The long-awaited update to the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) guidelines around authentication has been released.
The FBI is probing 20 new cases of U.S. businesses losing millions of dollars to cybercriminals, who then siphoned off the cash to accounts in China.
A New York lawmaker has introduced a bill that would extend financial protection to municipalities and school districts that fall victim to unauthorized bank funds transfers.
Chris Mark of ProPay discusses how some small- and mid-size businesses are falling victim to ACH fraud due to poor authentication.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- New SSL/TLS vulnerability, FREAK, puts secure communications at risk
- Report: Majority of health-related websites leak data to third parties
- Researchers investigate link between Axiom spy group, Anthem breach
- Natural Grocers investigating unauthorized access to POS systems
- Spammers leverage DMARC to more successfully distribute ransomware
- Clinton's use of private email spawns security, transparency debate
- Android 'Gazon' worm proliferates through texts, infects more than 4k phones
- Ramirez: FTC focus on data security, fraud, cross device tracking
- Greenwald says Snowden invoked changes toward privacy
- Playing defense in ranks: Cybersecurity reimagined