Attackers have been circulating a trojan via email messages with subjects such as "ACH payroll payment was not accepted by Central Trust and Savings Bank."
The long-awaited update to the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) guidelines around authentication has been released.
The FBI is probing 20 new cases of U.S. businesses losing millions of dollars to cybercriminals, who then siphoned off the cash to accounts in China.
A New York lawmaker has introduced a bill that would extend financial protection to municipalities and school districts that fall victim to unauthorized bank funds transfers.
Chris Mark of ProPay discusses how some small- and mid-size businesses are falling victim to ACH fraud due to poor authentication.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- CTB-Locker ransomware variant being distributed in spam campaign
- 'Sexy Girls' wallpaper app in Google Play store accessed account info
- Proposed CFAA revisions agitate IT security community
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- Firm finds link between Regin spy tool and QWERTY keylogger
- Zeus variant targeting Canadian banks, U.S. banks may also be a target
- Winnti trojan may help set stage for Skeleton Key attacks, analysts say
- FTC settles with revenge porn site operator
- Upatre, Dyre used in Univ. of Florida attack
- Wisconsin chiropractic clinic notifies 3,000 patients of insider breach