OBA Ad Choices
Interest-based advertising policies of SC Magazine
In order to understand how people use our site generally, and to serve ads based upon your interests, we collect data about your use of this site directly and through partners.
Behaviorally Targeted Advertising Cookies
Advertisers sometimes use their own cookies to provide you with targeted advertising. For example, advertisers may use a profile they have built on sites that you have previously visited to present you with more relevant advertisements during your visit to scmagazine.com. We believe that it is useful to our users to see advertisements that are more relevant to their interests. If you are based in the United States and would like to learn more, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. If you are based in the European Union and would like to learn more, please visit www.youronlinechoices.eu.
We also use or allow third parties to serve cookies that fall into the four categories above. For example, like many companies, we use Adobe Omniture and Google Analytics to help us monitor our website traffic. We may also use third party cookies to help us with market research, revenue tracking, improving site functionality and monitoring compliance with our terms and conditions and copyright policy.
Can a website user block cookies?
As we've explained above, cookies help you to get the most out of our websites.
However, if you do wish to disable our cookies then please follow the instructions on our "How to Manage Cookies" page.
Please remember that if you do choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of our website do not work properly.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- APT operation 'Double Tap' exploits serious Windows OLE bug
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Man gets 18 months in prison for accessing Subway POS devices, loading up gift cards
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Regin: nation-state possibly behind the stealthy modular spying malware
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- DDoS attacks cost organizations $40,000 per hour, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Syrian Electronic Army redirects Gigya, briefly compromises media sites on Thanksgiving Day
- Study: 'High priority' issues hamper endpoint security solution implementation
- Researchers identify POS malware targeting ticket machines, electronic kiosks
- Pirated Joomla, WordPress, Drupal themes and plugins contain CryptoPHP backdoor
- DDoS attacks grew in size, threats became more complex, Q3 reports say