Akonix L7 Enterprise
August 27, 2004
from $3,500 per server and $50 per user. Enforcer starts at $2,000 per server and $12.50 per user
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
Flexible and very highly scalable suite of products offering comprehensive enterprise-wide IM management and monitoring.
Relatively complex offering with multiple plug-in modules could make this appear daunting to smaller enterprises.
A very powerful and scalable IM control suite that enables enterprises to mix and match modules to achieve the exact functionality they require.
This is an enterprise software proxy gateway, deployed at the perimeter behind the firewall to manage and secure access to IM services. The product forms the central hub of the Akonix modular suite of IM security products, providing a single point of management for controlling all aspects of IM activity within enterprises.
Features have been developed to allow administrators to meet the government, industry and internal compliance regulations applied to real time electronic messaging.
The gateway boasts support for all major public and enterprise IM services including AOL, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo! Its design, based on plug-in protocol adapters specific to different sets of protocols, gives the choice of optional connectors for integrating enterprise IM traffic from IBM Lotus Messaging, Microsoft Office Live Communications Server and Reuters.
The L7 Enterprise product provides a gateway to proxy IM traffic generated by staff within an enterprise, and managers can monitor all IM communications in real time. It can also be integrated with central virus scanners to monitor threats. Another useful security feature allows you to ensure internal messages between employees are not allowed outside the organization.
It can control or reject peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing use based on attributes including sender, recipient, and file attachment type and size. Message content and file names can also be managed based on keywords and pattern matching.
This product also boasts enterprise-class scalability with each gateway designed to support up to 20,000 concurrent IM users on a single server. Beyond this level the L7 Enterprise gateways can be clustered with multiple gateways distributed across multiple locations to improve scalability.
Compliance Manager, a plug-in module that comes with the product, offers web-based compliance workflows for archived messages. It can provide support for regulatory requirements applying to both email and IM services, access for internal and external auditors and tracking all IM activity.
SC Magazine Articles
- GCHQ infosec group disclosed kernel privilege exploit to Apple
- 77% of organisations unprepared for cyber-security incidents
- 117 million LinkedIn email credentials found for sale on the dark web
- Furtim malware can run AND it can hide
- Ubiquiti warns of worm using known exploit on outdated AirOS firmware
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Spearphishing attack nets $495K from investment firm
- Updated: Gmail, Yahoo email credentials among millions found on the dark web
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Organizations need formal vendor risk management programs, study
- 2.5K Twitter accounts hacked to spread links to adult content
- Study: Federal agencies still lack strong cyber hygiene practices
- Petya and Mischa - the Ransomware Twins (sort of)
- Bad guys update ransomware DMA Locker with version 4.0
- Lieu, Hurd urge colleagues to use encryption, improve cyber hygiene