Most Recent Articles by Angela Moscaritolo
A recent string of alarming incidents highlights glaring shortcomings in the security of the nation's critical infrastructure.
One day after releasing version 9 of its Firefox web browser, Mozilla on Wednesday issued Firefox 9.0.1 to address an issue that caused Windows, Mac and Linux users' browsers to crash.
The feature, which is currently available for users in the U.S. Canada, India, and the Philippines, requires a second form of verification beyond a password for any "suspicious" login attempt.
Spam volume dropped dramatically from 379 billion messages daily in August 2010 to 124 billion this November, according to Cisco, as crooks opted for more pinpointed attacks that could fly under the radar.
The defendants were part of a coordinated operation that resulted in the theft of more than $2 million from JP Morgan Chase Bank, TD Bank, Citibank, Discover and American Express.
More Articles by Angela Moscaritolo
Most Recent Blog Posts
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Popular adult website XTube compromised, delivers malware
- Android vulnerability leaves apps open to malicious overwriting
- One in three of the top million websites are 'risky,' researchers find
- Orgs predict $53M risk, on average, from crypto key, digital cert attacks
- Hanjuan Exploit Kit leveraged in malvertising campaign
- Report: 71 percent of orgs were successfully attacked in 2014
- Self-deleting malware targets home routers to gather information
- 'PoSeidon' point-of-sale malware targets payment card information
- Amedisys notifies nearly 7,000 individuals of potential breach
- Report: More than 15,000 vulnerabilities in nearly 4,000 applications reported in 2014
- The best defense is a good offense: The importance of securing your endpoints
- British Airways says rewards accounts hacked, locked down
- Documents on NSA's zero-day policy provide little insight, EFF says
- GitHub on DDoS alert, efforts to curb its largest attack continue
- Shadow data: The monster that isn't just under your bed