Beginning now and throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories. The winners of the 2012 SC Awards U.S. will be announced Feb. 28 in San Francisco. We will end today by revealing the finalists for the much-anticipated Best Security Team and CSO of the Year honors.
UTMs and anti-malware gateways often are our key protection at the perimeter, says Peter Stephenson, SC Magazine's technology editor.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- Obama goes hard on cybersecurity, new CNAP commits funds, resources
- NSA reorg could strengthen defense ops
- Pro-Palestine hacktivist makes good on threat, posts data on FBI and DHS personnel
- Microsoft's February Patch Tuesday: 13 bulletins addressing 36 vulnerabilities
- Draft Investigatory Powers Bill draws fire from Parliamentary committee