Most Recent Articles by Ashley Carman
OPM shut down one of its background investigation systems after it discovered a vulnerability, on that same day, the country's largest federal employees union filed a lawsuit against the agency.
Eric Saldarriaga was sentenced to three months in prison after he hired hackers to access victims' email accounts.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office identified nine new deficiencies in the Department of Treasury's Bureau of Fiscal Service's information systems.
Heimdal Security outlined a recent Dridex-spreading spam campaign that tries to trick users into opening a malicious macros-enabled document.
Although often considered relatively innocuous, click-fraud malware infections could be the start of serious enterprise security issues.
More Articles by Ashley Carman
Study: 61 percent of critical infrastructure execs confident systems could detect attack in less than a dayJun 25,2015
National Archvies and Records Administration computers possibly accessed in connection to OPM breachesJun 23,2015
Most Recent Blog Posts
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- 'MEDJACK' tactic allows cyber criminals to enter healthcare networks undetected
- Samsung devices, including Galaxy S6, vulnerable to remote code execution
- Dridex banking malware spreading through new spam campaign
- U.S., China agree to cybersecurity code of conduct
- Suspicious activity on LastPass network, data compromised
- Former Georgia-Pacific sysadmin charged with damaging protected computers
- Harvard University announces network intrusion, possible data exposure
- Saboteurs leverage RIPv1 for DDoS reflection attacks
- More than 440K new Android malware strains found in Q1, study finds
- Apple releases OS X 10.10.4 and iOS 8.4, numerous bugs addressed