ATM Fraud News, Articles and Updates
Seven Ontario residents have been charged for stealing in a massive ATM skimming operation.
A team of Italian researchers has presented a crack for the chip-and-PIN card verification system that they say makes it possible to skim a PIN number that can later be used with a stolen card.
Eastern European gangs are systematically conducting well-organized skimming attacks against U.S. consumers and businesses, according to a Gartner analyst.
SC Magazine Articles
- WordPress Summer of Pwnage: 64 holes in 21 days
- Deal with the devil: Ransomware experiment proves you can negotiate price down
- 2.3 million 'Warframe,' 'Clash of Kings' accounts compromised
- Microsoft EOP exposes users to data breaches, whitepaper
- Cerber ransomware C&C server shut down by research firm and CERT-Netherlands
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace
- Wi-Fi warning! Study finds U.S. unaware of public Wi-fi risks
- Russian hackers take the stage at DNC convention
- TSA master key hackers expose dangers of physical and digital key escrow policies
- Patchwork cyberespionage campaign branches out to strike businesses
- Proliferation of hacker culture helped keep Anonymous from being branded terrorist org
- SC wins three top national honors from ASBPE