Seven Ontario residents have been charged for stealing in a massive ATM skimming operation.
A team of Italian researchers has presented a crack for the chip-and-PIN card verification system that they say makes it possible to skim a PIN number that can later be used with a stolen card.
Eastern European gangs are systematically conducting well-organized skimming attacks against U.S. consumers and businesses, according to a Gartner analyst.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- Obama goes hard on cybersecurity, new CNAP commits funds, resources
- NSA reorg could strengthen defense ops
- Pro-Palestine hacktivist makes good on threat, posts data on FBI and DHS personnel
- Microsoft's February Patch Tuesday: 13 bulletins addressing 36 vulnerabilities
- Draft Investigatory Powers Bill draws fire from Parliamentary committee