Authentication, Access Control, ID ManagementProduct Subcategories:
VENDOR: Pleasant Solutions
WHAT: A simple yet effective way for organizations to manage their passwords everywhere.
PRICE: Comes in packs of five users at $125 per pack.
VENDOR: PFU Systems
WHAT: An excellent network access control system for organizations of any size.
VENDOR: Lieberman Software
WHAT: A full-featured enterprise identity management system.
PRICE: Starts at $25,000.
VENDOR: Hexis Cyber Solutions
WHAT: A well-designed network access control solution that can be deployed in minutes.
VENDOR: Forum Systems
WHAT: A comprehensive application security appliance that allows users to set up robust security over a variety of different protocols and data formats.
PRICE: Starting at $25,000, plus support.
WHAT: A policy-based network access control product that allows for inventory, classification and regulation of endpoints and network devices. It is available in several different configurations allowing flexibility and scalability.
PRICE: $9,752 (software appliance); $13,995 (CT100/A hardware appliance).
WHAT: A software-based identity management product.
PRICE: Starts at $45 per user.
VENDOR: PistolStar, Inc.
WHAT: PistolStar, Inc. maker of PortalGuard offers an on-premise turnkey user authentication solution-set for companies with external-facing web applications to their employees, contractors, suppliers, and vendors. This all-in-one integrated design includes two-factor methods, single sign-on, centralized self-service password reset/unlock, password synchronization, plus transparent barriers to confirm user identities by validating their context.
PRICE: $10k for unlimited users (2FA, SSO IdP, SSPR, Sync)
WHAT: VASCO IDENTIKEY Authentication Server and DIGIPASS GO in combination are a physical token-based authentication tool.
PRICE: tarts at around $7,500 for 100 users.
VENDOR: Swivel Secure
WHAT: The Swivel Appliance from Swivel Secure provides strong authentication in a variety of ways.
PRICE: As tested: $3,527
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- U.S. spy program targeting Americans' mobile phones, report says
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Study: Third of employees use company devices for social media and online shopping
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Swedish appeals court nixes Assange's plea
- Critical XSS vulnerability addressed in WordPress
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context