If approved, the FTC will levy its stiffest penalty yet against the search giant after repeated privacy infractions.
Most individuals don't understand how to configure advertising "opt-out" tools, according to a new study, which means the debate over how best to give users control over their privacy rages on.
The security architect of RSA offered a candid account of the SecurID breach during a session Wednesday at SC Congress Canada in Toronto.
The forthcoming Internet Explorer (IE) 9 will contain a new "opt-in" control that will prevent users from being unknowingly tracked by websites, Microsoft revealed Wednesday.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is urging companies to develop a "do not track" mechanism so consumers can choose whether to allow the collection of data regarding online searching and browsing activities.
Sophos, maker of anti-malware solutions, has partnered with bit.ly, a utility for shortening, sharing and tracking links, to provide visibility into infected websites through its behavior detection capabilities, search engine partnerships and anti-spam honeypots.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- State Department hack may be tied to White House network breach
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Study: Third of employees use company devices for social media and online shopping
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Swedish appeals court nixes Assange's plea
- Critical XSS vulnerability addressed in WordPress
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context