If approved, the FTC will levy its stiffest penalty yet against the search giant after repeated privacy infractions.
Most individuals don't understand how to configure advertising "opt-out" tools, according to a new study, which means the debate over how best to give users control over their privacy rages on.
The security architect of RSA offered a candid account of the SecurID breach during a session Wednesday at SC Congress Canada in Toronto.
The forthcoming Internet Explorer (IE) 9 will contain a new "opt-in" control that will prevent users from being unknowingly tracked by websites, Microsoft revealed Wednesday.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is urging companies to develop a "do not track" mechanism so consumers can choose whether to allow the collection of data regarding online searching and browsing activities.
Sophos, maker of anti-malware solutions, has partnered with bit.ly, a utility for shortening, sharing and tracking links, to provide visibility into infected websites through its behavior detection capabilities, search engine partnerships and anti-spam honeypots.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Firm finds link between Regin spy tool and QWERTY keylogger
- Insider threats changing security spending, report says
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- Size and frequency of DDoS attacks increasing, annual report shows
- Former California pharmacist employee accessed data without business or treatment purpose