Best Enterprise Firewall & Best Fraud Prevention
Throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories, covering the Reader Trust, Professional and Excellence sections.
Best Enterprise Firewall
Products in this category are organizational firewalls, not personal firewalls. Firewalls must provide a mechanism to filter incoming and outgoing traffic based on port, protocol, source IP address and destination IP address. All products must have the ability to terminate network traffic based on the above filtering criteria.
- Barracuda Networks, Inc. for Barracuda NG Firewall
- Check Point Software Technologies for Check Point R75.20
- Cisco Systems for Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series ASA Services Module
- McAfee, Inc. for McAfee Firewall Enterprise
- Palo Alto Networks for Palo Alto Networks PA-5000 Series
Best Fraud Prevention
Given the reliance on the internet for consumers from all walks of life to conduct any number of retail, banking or other transactions, fraud prevention solutions have become critical. Solutions nominated in this category strive to minimize online privacy and security problems that could lead to fraud and, therefore, impact both the company and the customer. Still an evolving area of information security, there are a slew of solutions and services available that could qualify for consideration in this category – from authentication and enhanced encryption solutions to secure web communication or malware detection offerings.
- CA Technologies for CA Arcot RiskFort
- Entrust, Inc. for Entrust TransactionGuard
- Guardian Analytics for FraudMAP
- IronKey for IronKey Trusted Access for Banking
- Trustwave for Trustwave Fraud Prevention