Best IPsec/SSL VPN & Best Managed Security Service
Throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories, covering the Reader Trust, Professional and Excellence sections.
Best IPsec/SSL VPN
For this category, we are focusing on IPsec and SSL VPN products. IPsec products usually provide encrypted point-to-point (as opposed to end-to-end) remote access using IPsec. SSL VPN products provide encrypted remote access to client machines using the SSL/TLS protocol. Client machines may use either a web browser or a standalone SSL VPN client. The SSL VPN must provide access to a client network – not only a web application interface. Product must support multiple, simultaneous SSL VPN connections. Many of these products are integrated VPN/portal products.
- Certes Networks for TrustNet - TrustNet is version 3.0 of CipherEngine (tested by SC Magazine in 2010)
- Cisco Systems for Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility
- F5 Networks for BIG-IP Edge Gateway
- NCP Engineering GmbH for NCP Secure Enterprise Solution
- SonicWALL, Inc for SonicWALL/Aventail E-Class Secure Remote Access EX7000
Best Managed Security Service
These security offerings provide a turnkey approach to an organization's primary technical security needs. These offerings can be either a co-located device at the client organization facility, or can be a completely outsourced solution where the application to be protected would reside at the vendor's data center.
- Dell SecureWorks, Inc. for Best Managed Security Service
- IBM Corporation for IBM Managed Security Services
- MANDIANT for MANDIANT Threat Management Services
- SunGard Availability Services for SunGard Managed Security Service
- Symantec Corporation for Symantec Managed Security Services