Best Mobile/Portable Device Security & Best Multifactor
Throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories, covering the Reader Trust, Professional and Excellence sections.
Best Mobile/Portable Device Security
More and more employees are using smaller and smaller devices with loads of applications to access corporate data. Some examples include iPhones, iPads, Android devices, BlackBerries, and more. Products in this category deal with not only a collapsing perimeter, but also consumer-owned and -controlled devices being used to get at corporate resources. At a minimum, these devices likely will require strong endpoint security, point-to-point encryption and more. This is a broad category. If your product is used to secure this type of small device/handheld,. it may fit. Security can be for data at rest in the device itself, secure access to data in the enterprise, and encryption for data in motion between the enterprise and the device. Includes anything from hard disk encryption solutions and tools that track lost mobile devices to USB/thumb drive security solutions.
- Good Technology for Good for Enterprise
- IronKey for IronKey Enterprise Management Service
- McAfee, Inc. for McAfee Enterprise Mobility Management (McAfee EMM)
- Sophos, Inc. for Sophos Mobile Control
- Symantec Corporation for PGP Whole Disk Encryption from Symantec
Best Multifactor Product
Products provide enhanced security to end-users or devices by offering credentials for access to an authenticator or authentication server. Software and hardware that specializes in the biometric authentication of users is also included here. These solutions may use a tangible device (something you have) for authentication, and knowledge (something you know) for authentication. For biometrics, the solution provides identification and authentication using any of the following methods: finger/thumb print/retinal scan/voice recognition/hand/palm geometry/facial recognition.
- CA Technologies for CA Arcot WebFort Server with CA ArcotID
- Entrust, Inc. for Entrust IdentityGuard
- IBM for Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign-On (TAM ESSO)
- Quest Software, Inc. for Quest Defender
- Symantec Corporation for Symantec™ VIP (Validation and ID Protection Service)