Best Professional Certification Program & Best Professional Training Program
Throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories. Last but certainly not least are the Professional categories.
Best Professional Certification Program
Programs are defined as professional industry groups offering certifications to IT security professionals wishing to receive educational experience and credentials. Entrants can include organizations in the industry granting certifications for the training and knowledge they provide.
- Information System Audit and Control Association for Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- (ISC)2 for Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- (ISC)2 for Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
- Global Information Assurance Certification Program (GIAC) for GIAC Certified Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT)
- Global Information Assurance Certification Program (GIAC) for GIAC Security Expert (GSE)
Best Professional Training Program
Programs are defined as those geared toward strengthening expertise of information security professionals via training, by an outside industry expert, on secure coding, end-user awareness and more. Entrants can include companies offering such training and which does not conclude with the winning of a particular professional certification.
- EC-Council for Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- (ISC)2 for (ISC)2 Information Security Education and Certification
- MANDIANT for MANDIANT Professional Education Program
- SANS Institute for SANS Institute
- Secure Ninja for Secure Ninja
- Security Innovation for TeamProfessor & TeamMentor