VENDOR: MXI Security
WHAT: Enterprise-class biometric security on an easily manageable USB flash drive.
VENDOR: Fujitsu Frontech North America
WHAT: Palm vein-based authentication integrated into a mouse for comfort and ease of use.
WHAT: Flexible and easy to manage fingerprint access control device.
VENDOR: Digital Persona
WHAT: Large feature set with fingerprint-based system logon and security functions.
PRICE: $50-$100 per computer
WHAT: Full-feature SDK with included examples and source code.
PRICE: $180 for five licenses ($36 per license)
WHAT: Biometric access device with built-in time and attendance
VENDOR: 360 Biometrics
WHAT: Allows for secure employee identification to access information.
PRICE: Starting at $299 (for up to 300 enrolled users)
VENDOR: Triad Biometrics
WHAT: Lots of nice features, but they come at the price of lifecycle cost.
PRICE: $12,000 per application per year
VENDOR: Integrated Biometrics
WHAT: Just a bit more support needed here, but otherwise quite full-featured and robust.
PRICE: $949 with software included
VENDOR: BioLink Solutions (Bio-Metrica)
WHAT: A competent enterprise-grade biometric product with good features.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- State Department hack may be tied to White House network breach
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Study: Third of employees use company devices for social media and online shopping
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Swedish appeals court nixes Assange's plea
- Critical XSS vulnerability addressed in WordPress
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context