The Data Breach Blog
Solano Community College in Fairfield, Calif. was hit with a spearphishing attack led to the W-2 information for about 1,200 staffers being compromised.
Seattle-based pet store LuckyPet notified the California State Attorney General's office of a data breach that compromised online customer information.
Incidents of fraud were reported after an unauthorized person accessed an Archdiocese of Denver database maintained by a third-party and which contained PII on 18,000 former and current employees and their dependents.
An attacker used a phishing attack to obtain personal identifiable information (PII) on thousands of employees of the Olympia School District.
The W-2 forms of some Stanford University employees were fraudulently downloaded from the university's third-party vendor, W-2Express, operated by the credit bureau Equifax.
The Threat Hunter Blog
We've been examining some of the newer - or, at least, most currently prevalent - strains of ransomware. This time we look at Locky.
As I pointed out last time I had the benefit of working with two malware samples, one from our friends at PhishMe and one from the quarantine at Logix Federal Credit Union. We'll start with the one from Logix.
Welcome back to ransomware. This time we are focusing on TeslaCrypt 3.0 with the .mp3 extension. Files encrypted - for example .docx files - will show as document.docx.mp3.
You'll pardon, perhaps, my absence over the past week. As it happens, I have been involved with some very interesting ransomware (no, not on any of my computers) and it occurred to me that this might make a great topic.
This time we are going to take what we discussed in my last posting and apply it to the Fluxer fast flux botnet.
About Dr. Stephenson
SC Magazine Articles
- PCI DSS version 3.2 release extends multifactor authentication requirement
- Over 7M Minecraft mobile credentials exposed after Lifeboat data breach
- New site on dark web offering one-stop ransom services
- Pwnedlist vulnerability exposed 866M accounts
- Turkish fascists claim responsibility for Qatar bank data breach
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach
- The anatomy of a spearphishing scam, or how to steal $100M with a fake email
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Pros examine Mossack Fonseca breach: WordPress plugin, Drupal likely suspects