Victims of the TRICARE breach have experience financial fraud, leading to an amended complaint filed against the Defense Department.
If a data breach occurs, when are companies more likely to be sued by consumers or employees? A Carnegie Mellon University researcher joined me on the SC Magazine Podcast to discuss.
Public companies now must disclose known or potential cyber incidents if they would make investment in the company "speculative or risky," according to a document.
Just when you thought a company would bend, but not break, in the wake of a major data breach, a certificate authority went bankrupt just weeks after coming clean.
After being vetoed twice by the prior administration, a bill that updates California's pioneering data breach notification law was signed into law Wednesday by Gov. Jerry Brown.
Transparency after a breach does more than save face.
Indianapolis-based health insurer WellPoint will pay $100,000 to settle a data breach that exposed the personal information of 32,000 of its Indiana customers.
The federal breach notification law, proposed by President Obama, should replace existing state laws.
The White House on Thursday unveiled sweeping cybersecurity legislative recommendations to Congress.
A group of senators are asking the Securities and Exchange Commission to clarify the reporting responsibility of companies that are breached, as a means to protect investors.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Impact of Linux bug 'grinch' spans servers, workstations, Android devices and more
- House, in rush vote, passes Intelligence Authorization Act
- More than 100K WordPress sites compromised by malware due to plugin vulnerability
- U.S. accounts for most Mac OS X attacks and websites seeded with malware
- Audit shows University of Maryland security flaws remain
- White House calls Sony hack a "serious national security matter," gov't mulls proper response
- 'Spark' shares traits with Alina, JackPOS, uses AutoIt differently
- California nonprofit sues San Diego Police Department over stingray documents
- Critical 'Misfortune Cookie' bug puts millions of internet-connected routers at risk
- Securing the enterprise with the five W's of access