Victims of the TRICARE breach have experience financial fraud, leading to an amended complaint filed against the Defense Department.
If a data breach occurs, when are companies more likely to be sued by consumers or employees? A Carnegie Mellon University researcher joined me on the SC Magazine Podcast to discuss.
Public companies now must disclose known or potential cyber incidents if they would make investment in the company "speculative or risky," according to a document.
Just when you thought a company would bend, but not break, in the wake of a major data breach, a certificate authority went bankrupt just weeks after coming clean.
After being vetoed twice by the prior administration, a bill that updates California's pioneering data breach notification law was signed into law Wednesday by Gov. Jerry Brown.
Transparency after a breach does more than save face.
Indianapolis-based health insurer WellPoint will pay $100,000 to settle a data breach that exposed the personal information of 32,000 of its Indiana customers.
The federal breach notification law, proposed by President Obama, should replace existing state laws.
The White House on Thursday unveiled sweeping cybersecurity legislative recommendations to Congress.
A group of senators are asking the Securities and Exchange Commission to clarify the reporting responsibility of companies that are breached, as a means to protect investors.
SC Magazine Articles
- Was Spotify breached? Account info shows up on Pastebin
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Researcher finds backdoor that accessed Facebook employee passwords
- Intelligence court affirms FBI's right to search Americans' emails without a warrant
- Most orgs couldn't quickly detect breach, study
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- UPDATE: Petya ransomware leverages Dropbox and overwrites hard drives
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach
- The anatomy of a spearphishing scam, or how to steal $100M with a fake email
- 3,000 Tidewater Community College workers victimized in W-2 scam
- Ransomware rampant, but chinks found in its armor
- Mining company's data is more valuable than gold
- PCI DSS version 3.2 release extends multifactor authentication requirement
- RSA EMEA Summit: Writing a security strategy that will make Vivaldi proud
- U.S. CIO hints federal adoption of 'bimodal IT' to balance old and new tech