Victims of the TRICARE breach have experience financial fraud, leading to an amended complaint filed against the Defense Department.
If a data breach occurs, when are companies more likely to be sued by consumers or employees? A Carnegie Mellon University researcher joined me on the SC Magazine Podcast to discuss.
Public companies now must disclose known or potential cyber incidents if they would make investment in the company "speculative or risky," according to a document.
Just when you thought a company would bend, but not break, in the wake of a major data breach, a certificate authority went bankrupt just weeks after coming clean.
After being vetoed twice by the prior administration, a bill that updates California's pioneering data breach notification law was signed into law Wednesday by Gov. Jerry Brown.
Transparency after a breach does more than save face.
Indianapolis-based health insurer WellPoint will pay $100,000 to settle a data breach that exposed the personal information of 32,000 of its Indiana customers.
The federal breach notification law, proposed by President Obama, should replace existing state laws.
The White House on Thursday unveiled sweeping cybersecurity legislative recommendations to Congress.
A group of senators are asking the Securities and Exchange Commission to clarify the reporting responsibility of companies that are breached, as a means to protect investors.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Malware on Lime Crime website, payment cards compromised
- Florida law enforcement docs show widespread stingray use, secrecy
- State breakdowns: Anthem breach by the numbers
- After Superfish-Lenovo incident, Facebook probes larger issue of SSL-sniffing adware
- Gemalto investigates claims that gov't spies hacked SIM card encryption keys
- Researchers investigate link between Axiom spy group, Anthem breach
- Top Android tablets for children riddled with security lapses, study finds
- Bulk Reef Supply website compromised, credit cards at risk
- Medical identity theft up 22 percent in 2014, annual report says
- Report: Majority of health-related websites leak data to third parties