Victims of the TRICARE breach have experience financial fraud, leading to an amended complaint filed against the Defense Department.
If a data breach occurs, when are companies more likely to be sued by consumers or employees? A Carnegie Mellon University researcher joined me on the SC Magazine Podcast to discuss.
Public companies now must disclose known or potential cyber incidents if they would make investment in the company "speculative or risky," according to a document.
Just when you thought a company would bend, but not break, in the wake of a major data breach, a certificate authority went bankrupt just weeks after coming clean.
After being vetoed twice by the prior administration, a bill that updates California's pioneering data breach notification law was signed into law Wednesday by Gov. Jerry Brown.
Transparency after a breach does more than save face.
Indianapolis-based health insurer WellPoint will pay $100,000 to settle a data breach that exposed the personal information of 32,000 of its Indiana customers.
The federal breach notification law, proposed by President Obama, should replace existing state laws.
The White House on Thursday unveiled sweeping cybersecurity legislative recommendations to Congress.
A group of senators are asking the Securities and Exchange Commission to clarify the reporting responsibility of companies that are breached, as a means to protect investors.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Popular adult website XTube compromised, delivers malware
- Android vulnerability leaves apps open to malicious overwriting
- One in three of the top million websites are 'risky,' researchers find
- Orgs predict $53M risk, on average, from crypto key, digital cert attacks
- Hanjuan Exploit Kit leveraged in malvertising campaign
- Report: 71 percent of orgs were successfully attacked in 2014
- Self-deleting malware targets home routers to gather information
- 'PoSeidon' point-of-sale malware targets payment card information
- Amedisys notifies nearly 7,000 individuals of potential breach
- Report: More than 15,000 vulnerabilities in nearly 4,000 applications reported in 2014
- The best defense is a good offense: The importance of securing your endpoints
- British Airways says rewards accounts hacked, locked down
- Documents on NSA's zero-day policy provide little insight, EFF says
- GitHub on DDoS alert, efforts to curb its largest attack continue
- Shadow data: The monster that isn't just under your bed