Following the theft of a computer at Sutter Health in October that put the personal information of more than 4.2 million patients at risk, 11 class-action lawsuits were filed against the Sacramento, Calif.-based nonprofit.
Indianapolis-based health insurer WellPoint will pay $100,000 to settle a data breach that exposed the personal information of 32,000 of its Indiana customers.
The prescriptive nature of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, often referred to as PCI, can benefit even those companies not processing credit card transactions.
As Sony works to restore its PlayStation Network (PSN) and Qriocity services, the company has discovered an additional compromise.
A U.S. House subcommittee has called a hearing Wednesday to examine data protection issues following a spate of massive data breaches and questionable responses.
The New York City Health and Hospitals Corp. (HHC), the city's municipal hospital system, has begun notifying 1.7 million individuals about the theft of electronic record files that contained their personal information.
Think of the Gulf oil spill as a breach not spewing barrels of a viscous liquid but lots of credit card numbers. How does your organization plan to respond from a public relations perspective?
The information security industry took a step back this week with news that the CISO of the state of Pennsylvania, Bob Maley, lost his job, likely over remarks he made during a panel discussion last week at the RSA Conference.
A public relations expert offers a blueprint for preparing for and responding to a data breach.
Let's face it: Breaches are going to happen. As a result, detection and incident response may actually be more important than prevention.
Breached processor Heartland Payment Systems has agreed to a settlement with Visa worth up to $60 million.
Microsoft confirmed Monday that the credentials of thousands of Microsoft Windows Live ID accounts were posted online late last week.
During a breach containment process, you may be required to call in a Qualified Incident Response Assessor to conduct a thorough investigation and forensic analysis.
SC Magazine Articles
- Was Spotify breached? Account info shows up on Pastebin
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Researcher finds backdoor that accessed Facebook employee passwords
- Over 7M Minecraft mobile credentials exposed after Lifeboat data breach
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- UPDATE: Petya ransomware leverages Dropbox and overwrites hard drives
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach
- The anatomy of a spearphishing scam, or how to steal $100M with a fake email
- FBI investigating attack against computer networks at U.S. law firms
- Ransomware rampant, but chinks found in its armor
- Mining company's data is more valuable than gold
- PCI DSS version 3.2 release extends multifactor authentication requirement
- RSA EMEA Summit: Writing a security strategy that will make Vivaldi proud
- U.S. CIO hints federal adoption of 'bimodal IT' to balance old and new tech