Following the theft of a computer at Sutter Health in October that put the personal information of more than 4.2 million patients at risk, 11 class-action lawsuits were filed against the Sacramento, Calif.-based nonprofit.
Indianapolis-based health insurer WellPoint will pay $100,000 to settle a data breach that exposed the personal information of 32,000 of its Indiana customers.
The prescriptive nature of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, often referred to as PCI, can benefit even those companies not processing credit card transactions.
As Sony works to restore its PlayStation Network (PSN) and Qriocity services, the company has discovered an additional compromise.
A U.S. House subcommittee has called a hearing Wednesday to examine data protection issues following a spate of massive data breaches and questionable responses.
The New York City Health and Hospitals Corp. (HHC), the city's municipal hospital system, has begun notifying 1.7 million individuals about the theft of electronic record files that contained their personal information.
Think of the Gulf oil spill as a breach not spewing barrels of a viscous liquid but lots of credit card numbers. How does your organization plan to respond from a public relations perspective?
The information security industry took a step back this week with news that the CISO of the state of Pennsylvania, Bob Maley, lost his job, likely over remarks he made during a panel discussion last week at the RSA Conference.
A public relations expert offers a blueprint for preparing for and responding to a data breach.
Let's face it: Breaches are going to happen. As a result, detection and incident response may actually be more important than prevention.
Breached processor Heartland Payment Systems has agreed to a settlement with Visa worth up to $60 million.
Microsoft confirmed Monday that the credentials of thousands of Microsoft Windows Live ID accounts were posted online late last week.
During a breach containment process, you may be required to call in a Qualified Incident Response Assessor to conduct a thorough investigation and forensic analysis.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Zero-day in Fiat Chrysler feature allows remote control of vehicles
- 'GSMem' malware designed to infiltrate air-gapped computers, steal data
- All smartwatches are vulnerable to attack, finds study
- Fake games in Google Play redirect Android users to porn sites
- Apple App Store and iTunes buyers hit by zero-day
- United reportedly hacked by same group that breached Anthem, OPM
- HAMMERTOSS malware represents culmination of 'best practices' for cyber attackers
- Hundreds of Massachusetts General Hospital patients notified of data incident
- Majority of Android devices vulnerable to denial-of-service bug
- Security concerns raised at Windows 10 roll-out