CAN-SPAM Act News, Articles and Updates
Facebook and the state of Washington have filed separate lawsuits against Adscend Media, alleging the company was responsible for spreading malware and for stealing personal information from Facebook users.
Digital media company Yahoo has ended a three-year legal battle against a team of spammers, winning a default judgment of $610 million.
Montreal-based spammer Adam Guerbuez has declared bankruptcy after courts in the United States and Quebec upheld a decision forcing him to pay over CDN$1bn to Facebook.
Five individuals pleaded guilty Monday in federal court in Detroit for their roles in an international spam operation that sent billions of emails to tout Chinese "penny" stocks and used a botnet capable of evading spam detection
SC Magazine Articles
- Brexit shakeup: How will the U.K.'s exit from the EU affect the technology sector?
- Blasphemy! Godless malware preys on nearly 90 percent of Android devices
- 'Password attacks' continue; Citrix becomes latest victim
- Dangerous connections: Risky LinkedIn behavior runs rampant, finds survey
- Updated: How will Brexit affect the cyber-security industry in UK and Europe?
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wi-Fi warning! Study finds U.S. unaware of public Wi-fi risks
- Google encryption flaw could allow video piracy
- IRS implements new authentication safeguards