Security certifications can land you a better job, but companies are also looking for people who can communicate and manage projects, reports Steve Zurier.
A Turkish certificate authority (CA) accidentally issued two intermediate, or chained, digital certificates, one of which was used by the holder to mimic legitimate websites and launch attacks.
Experts said the light patch load addresses issues that aren't considered high-risk, but the monthly update from Microsoft also includes a new requirement that encryption algorithms on RSA certificates meet a certain key length.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- 'MEDJACK' tactic allows cyber criminals to enter healthcare networks undetected
- Samsung devices, including Galaxy S6, vulnerable to remote code execution
- Dridex banking malware spreading through new spam campaign
- U.S., China agree to cybersecurity code of conduct
- Suspicious activity on LastPass network, data compromised
- Former Georgia-Pacific sysadmin charged with damaging protected computers
- Harvard University announces network intrusion, possible data exposure
- Saboteurs leverage RIPv1 for DDoS reflection attacks
- More than 440K new Android malware strains found in Q1, study finds
- Apple releases OS X 10.10.4 and iOS 8.4, numerous bugs addressed