Government officials have yet to confirm the identity of the attackers, though Chinese hackers are being flagged as suspects.
A massive Chinese-based hacker attack on Canadian federal government agencies late in 2010 was aimed at uncovering information about the takeover bid for Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan.
China is denying a U.S. congressional committee's claim that hackers interfered with two government satellites.
Months after hackers invaded the computer systems of at least three federal government institutions employees are still feeling the effects.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Zero-day in Fiat Chrysler feature allows remote control of vehicles
- 'GSMem' malware designed to infiltrate air-gapped computers, steal data
- United reportedly hacked by same group that breached Anthem, OPM
- All smartwatches are vulnerable to attack, finds study
- Security concerns raised at Windows 10 roll-out
- Report delves into RAT videos on YouTube
- Tor Project, Library Freedom Project to establish Tor exit nodes in libraries
- PagerDuty requires password change for all customers following breach
- Cisco: Attackers innovating, evading defenses in first half of 2015
- Does Windows 10 Wi-Fi Sense spell end of private wireless networks?