Government officials have yet to confirm the identity of the attackers, though Chinese hackers are being flagged as suspects.
A massive Chinese-based hacker attack on Canadian federal government agencies late in 2010 was aimed at uncovering information about the takeover bid for Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan.
China is denying a U.S. congressional committee's claim that hackers interfered with two government satellites.
Months after hackers invaded the computer systems of at least three federal government institutions employees are still feeling the effects.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- John McAfee points to lone woman as Ashley Madison attacker while company offers reward
- Zero-Day, Angler kit exploits help drive up malvertising by 325%
- Judge grants father in custody case access to ex-wife's Facebook profile
- IBM: Corporations could be the next target for ransomware attacks
- Class action complaint filed against IRS over data breach