Government officials have yet to confirm the identity of the attackers, though Chinese hackers are being flagged as suspects.
A massive Chinese-based hacker attack on Canadian federal government agencies late in 2010 was aimed at uncovering information about the takeover bid for Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan.
China is denying a U.S. congressional committee's claim that hackers interfered with two government satellites.
Months after hackers invaded the computer systems of at least three federal government institutions employees are still feeling the effects.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Chinese govt. complied with U.S. request to arrest hackers
- Obama administration will not push for legislation requiring mandatory encryption
- Data Security in the 21st Century: Understanding what data to protect
- Consumers need to up password security: Darren Guccione of Keeper Security
- U.S. authorities identify Chinese companies that benefited from military cybertheft