Government officials have yet to confirm the identity of the attackers, though Chinese hackers are being flagged as suspects.
A massive Chinese-based hacker attack on Canadian federal government agencies late in 2010 was aimed at uncovering information about the takeover bid for Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan.
China is denying a U.S. congressional committee's claim that hackers interfered with two government satellites.
Months after hackers invaded the computer systems of at least three federal government institutions employees are still feeling the effects.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers