Most Recent Articles by Chuck Miller
The IT landscape has evolved over the past two decades. Where it is headed is anyone's guess, reports Chuck Miller.
A federal indictment was unsealed Monday in Boston charging a hacker with selling hardware and software designed to steal internet bandwidth.
A new ransomware variant encrypts files on a computer, but uses a novel twist on monetizing the extortion threat.
Botnets accounted for nearly 43 percent of all click fraud in the third quarter of this year, according to a new report.
Metasploit, the organization behind the Metasploit Project, a popular open-source tool for exploit research, has been acquired by vulnerability management provider Rapid7.
More Articles by Chuck Miller
Most Recent Blog Posts
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- APT operation 'Double Tap' exploits serious Windows OLE bug
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- DDoS attacks cost organizations $40,000 per hour, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Study: 'High priority' issues hamper endpoint security solution implementation
- Researchers identify POS malware targeting ticket machines, electronic kiosks
- Pirated Joomla, WordPress, Drupal themes and plugins contain CryptoPHP backdoor
- DDoS attacks grew in size, threats became more complex, Q3 reports say
- Man gets 18 months in prison for accessing Subway POS devices, loading up gift cards