Clone Systems Clone Guard Managed IDS/IPS
September 09, 2009
- Ease of Use:
- Value for Money:
- Overall Rating:
- Strengths: Full-scale managed IPS service with included vulnerability scanning.
- Weaknesses: None that we found.
- Verdict: Excellent service with a lot of capabilities. We rate this one Recommended.
The Clone Systems Clone Guard Managed Security Suite provides protection from malicious threats against VoIP, web or customized applications. This service detects, logs, prevents and reports suspicious, malicious or unauthorized access to critical network resources.
Deployment is done by installing a managed appliance at the customer site. This uses Sourcefire as its backbone and can be integrated with other network devices. Once deployed and configured, administrators can access the web-based portal to manage the appliance or view and print reports. Both the portal and the web GUI are intuitive and easy to navigate. Customers also have access to the Clone Systems Enterprise Vulnerability Scanning Service, which they can use to run full-scale real-time remote vulnerability scans against network assets.
The Clone Guard service provides experts who monitor data-networking environments from the Network Operations Security Center.
The use of advanced monitoring tools allows them to reliably separate actual security threats from false positives.
Documentation is a PDF installation guide, which includes step-by-step instructions on installing the preconfigured sensor into the network, as well as a custom network diagram for easy reference.
All Clone Guard Managed Security Services include 24/7/365 phone and email technical and alert support as part of the service via an SLA. The SLA includes four-hour hardware replacement on complete failure, notification of IDS hardware/software failure within 15 minutes of detection, and notification of major events within 15 minutes of detection. There is also a short FAQ section available on the vendor website.
At a cost starting at about $525 per month for hardware, software and monitoring, we find this product to be an excellent value for the money. With this service, not only do customers have their network monitored 24/7, but they also have access to vulnerability scanning tools and various dashboards full of monitoring data.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Study: Open Source Software use increasing in enterprises but without vulnerability monitoring
- RSA Conference 2015: Prepare for the IoT before it's too late, Sorebo warns
- 'Aaron's Law' returns to Congress
- RSA 2015: Tension continues to grow between govt, cryptographers
- Data at risk for 9,000 individuals following unauthorized access to SRI Inc. website
- Study: Conficker declared top threat of 2014, but N. America targeted mainly by AnglerEK
- RSA 2015: Straight talk about encryption, bulk surveillance and IoT
- RSA 2015: In the healthcare industry, security must innovate with business
- RSA 2015: Unintended use of aircraft systems next challenge for counterterrorism community
- RSA 2015: Bug hunting and responsible vulnerability disclosure