At a recent SC Magazine Roundtable, gov't security pros bemoaned the difficulty in obtaining resources. But instead of crying over spilled milk, they traded ideas for mitigating risk in a down economy.
Enrique Salem's keynote speech at the RSA Conference 2012 discussed an emerging enterprise security threat, the "digital native."
When Apple announced iCloud at its Worldwide Developers Conference last June, it set acolytes abuzz with anticipation.
Apple on Wednesday issued much-anticipated updates for its Mac OS X and iOS mobile operating system, adding support for its new iCloud service, and fixing a bevy of security flaws.
As agencies are forced to do more with less, government security pros at a recent SC Magazine Roundtable discussion said they are being challenged to fight emerging threats and secure new technologies.
Protecting data in the cloud is a shared sacrifice for end-users and providers, but understanding who needs to do what can sometimes be tricky.
We need to do a far better job of demonstrating that the infrastructure and services we are putting into the cloud are superior to what we have today.
Amazon's Simple Storage Service (S3) is being used to host malicious sites distributing the nefarious banking trojan.
The Cloud Security Alliance is planning to develop and maintain a public registry documenting the security controls that exist in various cloud computing offerings.
Using third-party cloud services, enterprises can quickly and affordably increase and decrease service or compute power at will.
SC Magazine Articles
- Was Spotify breached? Account info shows up on Pastebin
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Researcher finds backdoor that accessed Facebook employee passwords
- Over 7M Minecraft mobile credentials exposed after Lifeboat data breach
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- UPDATE: Petya ransomware leverages Dropbox and overwrites hard drives
- Federal court bucks trend, rules general liability insurance covers data breach
- The anatomy of a spearphishing scam, or how to steal $100M with a fake email
- FBI investigating attack against computer networks at U.S. law firms
- Ransomware rampant, but chinks found in its armor
- Mining company's data is more valuable than gold
- PCI DSS version 3.2 release extends multifactor authentication requirement
- RSA EMEA Summit: Writing a security strategy that will make Vivaldi proud
- U.S. CIO hints federal adoption of 'bimodal IT' to balance old and new tech