Cloud Services News, Articles and Updates
At a recent SC Magazine Roundtable, gov't security pros bemoaned the difficulty in obtaining resources. But instead of crying over spilled milk, they traded ideas for mitigating risk in a down economy.
Enrique Salem's keynote speech at the RSA Conference 2012 discussed an emerging enterprise security threat, the "digital native."
When Apple announced iCloud at its Worldwide Developers Conference last June, it set acolytes abuzz with anticipation.
Apple on Wednesday issued much-anticipated updates for its Mac OS X and iOS mobile operating system, adding support for its new iCloud service, and fixing a bevy of security flaws.
As agencies are forced to do more with less, government security pros at a recent SC Magazine Roundtable discussion said they are being challenged to fight emerging threats and secure new technologies.
Protecting data in the cloud is a shared sacrifice for end-users and providers, but understanding who needs to do what can sometimes be tricky.
We need to do a far better job of demonstrating that the infrastructure and services we are putting into the cloud are superior to what we have today.
Amazon's Simple Storage Service (S3) is being used to host malicious sites distributing the nefarious banking trojan.
The Cloud Security Alliance is planning to develop and maintain a public registry documenting the security controls that exist in various cloud computing offerings.
Using third-party cloud services, enterprises can quickly and affordably increase and decrease service or compute power at will.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- U.S. government extends offer to protect states from electoral cyberthreats
- Cisco shedding 7% of its workforce
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- The media becomes the story as hackers focus efforts on news organizations
- Researchers quell Wildfire ransomware with decryption key
- M&A deals bring added cybersecurity risks
- Twitoor first Android malware known to leverage Twitter for command and control
- Juniper confirms leaked "NSA exploits" affect its firewalls, no patch released yet