At a recent SC Magazine Roundtable, gov't security pros bemoaned the difficulty in obtaining resources. But instead of crying over spilled milk, they traded ideas for mitigating risk in a down economy.
Enrique Salem's keynote speech at the RSA Conference 2012 discussed an emerging enterprise security threat, the "digital native."
When Apple announced iCloud at its Worldwide Developers Conference last June, it set acolytes abuzz with anticipation.
Apple on Wednesday issued much-anticipated updates for its Mac OS X and iOS mobile operating system, adding support for its new iCloud service, and fixing a bevy of security flaws.
As agencies are forced to do more with less, government security pros at a recent SC Magazine Roundtable discussion said they are being challenged to fight emerging threats and secure new technologies.
Protecting data in the cloud is a shared sacrifice for end-users and providers, but understanding who needs to do what can sometimes be tricky.
We need to do a far better job of demonstrating that the infrastructure and services we are putting into the cloud are superior to what we have today.
Amazon's Simple Storage Service (S3) is being used to host malicious sites distributing the nefarious banking trojan.
The Cloud Security Alliance is planning to develop and maintain a public registry documenting the security controls that exist in various cloud computing offerings.
Using third-party cloud services, enterprises can quickly and affordably increase and decrease service or compute power at will.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- APT operation 'Double Tap' exploits serious Windows OLE bug
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- DDoS attacks cost organizations $40,000 per hour, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Study: 'High priority' issues hamper endpoint security solution implementation
- Researchers identify POS malware targeting ticket machines, electronic kiosks
- Pirated Joomla, WordPress, Drupal themes and plugins contain CryptoPHP backdoor
- DDoS attacks grew in size, threats became more complex, Q3 reports say
- Man gets 18 months in prison for accessing Subway POS devices, loading up gift cards