Privacy experts held a candid talk on government methods for obtaining citizen information, and on how the industry can help buffer unfettered data collection.
In light of the RSA-NSA controversy, a number of speakers, who originally planned to speak at RSA Conference 2014, pulled out and formed a lineup for TrustyCon.
Jeff Forristal demonstrated the hack during a session on "predatory hacking of mobile devices."
Speakers at this week's RSA Conference in San Francisco stressed that the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) trend is changing - not ending.
The tools that organizations have relied on to protect their networks are antiquated and no longer work.
Today's targeted attacks use advanced malware designed to defeat IT security controls through a variety of approaches that either confuse or avoid them altogether.
While he may not be attending the RSA Conference this year in San Francisco, the Information Security Forum's Steve Durbin hopes that there will be an emphasis on discussions that lead to increasing shareholder value.
Known for his work on car hacking in 2013, Chris Valasek, director of security intelligence at IOActive, will be sharing even more insight on automotive security at the RSA Conference 2014 in San Francisco.
With endless amounts of talks taking place at the end of the month in San Francisco, we caught up with Paul Lipman, CEO of Total Defense, to see what's on his radar for RSA Conference 2014.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Microsoft report explores dangers of running expired security software
- Survey: real-time SIEM solutions help orgs detect attacks within minutes
- Vulnerabilities identified in three Advantech products
- Android malware 'NotCompatible' evolves, spawns resilient botnet
- State Department hack may be tied to White House network breach
- Operators disable firewall features to increase network performance, survey finds
- Waste no time patching Windows Schannel, OLE bugs, experts warn
- Study: 68 percent of healthcare breaches caused by loss or theft of devices, files
- Spin.com redirects to Rig Exploit Kit, infects users with malware, Symantec observes
- Upping the ante: PCI Security Standard
- Study: Third of employees use company devices for social media and online shopping
- 'DoubleDirect' MitM attack affects iOS, Android and OS X users
- Swedish appeals court nixes Assange's plea
- Critical XSS vulnerability addressed in WordPress
- The Internet of Things (IoT) will fail if security has no context