Privacy experts held a candid talk on government methods for obtaining citizen information, and on how the industry can help buffer unfettered data collection.
In light of the RSA-NSA controversy, a number of speakers, who originally planned to speak at RSA Conference 2014, pulled out and formed a lineup for TrustyCon.
Jeff Forristal demonstrated the hack during a session on "predatory hacking of mobile devices."
Speakers at this week's RSA Conference in San Francisco stressed that the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) trend is changing - not ending.
The tools that organizations have relied on to protect their networks are antiquated and no longer work.
Today's targeted attacks use advanced malware designed to defeat IT security controls through a variety of approaches that either confuse or avoid them altogether.
While he may not be attending the RSA Conference this year in San Francisco, the Information Security Forum's Steve Durbin hopes that there will be an emphasis on discussions that lead to increasing shareholder value.
Known for his work on car hacking in 2013, Chris Valasek, director of security intelligence at IOActive, will be sharing even more insight on automotive security at the RSA Conference 2014 in San Francisco.
With endless amounts of talks taking place at the end of the month in San Francisco, we caught up with Paul Lipman, CEO of Total Defense, to see what's on his radar for RSA Conference 2014.
SC Magazine Articles
- Blasphemy! Godless malware preys on nearly 90 percent of Android devices
- 'Password attacks' continue; Citrix becomes latest victim
- Guccifer 2.0 out - Cozy Bear, Fancy Bear hacked DNC, Fidelis analysis shows
- Acer breach caused by improperly stored data
- Check Point tracks two waves of Cerber ransomware hitting U.S., UK
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components