Privacy experts held a candid talk on government methods for obtaining citizen information, and on how the industry can help buffer unfettered data collection.
In light of the RSA-NSA controversy, a number of speakers, who originally planned to speak at RSA Conference 2014, pulled out and formed a lineup for TrustyCon.
Jeff Forristal demonstrated the hack during a session on "predatory hacking of mobile devices."
Speakers at this week's RSA Conference in San Francisco stressed that the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) trend is changing - not ending.
The tools that organizations have relied on to protect their networks are antiquated and no longer work.
Today's targeted attacks use advanced malware designed to defeat IT security controls through a variety of approaches that either confuse or avoid them altogether.
While he may not be attending the RSA Conference this year in San Francisco, the Information Security Forum's Steve Durbin hopes that there will be an emphasis on discussions that lead to increasing shareholder value.
Known for his work on car hacking in 2013, Chris Valasek, director of security intelligence at IOActive, will be sharing even more insight on automotive security at the RSA Conference 2014 in San Francisco.
With endless amounts of talks taking place at the end of the month in San Francisco, we caught up with Paul Lipman, CEO of Total Defense, to see what's on his radar for RSA Conference 2014.
SC Magazine Articles
- Yahoo breach; State-sponsored actors suspected, at least 500 million accounts affected
- Cybercriminals already able to hack ATM biometric readers
- 185M incidents bypassed perimeter defenses - report
- Education sector bullied by ransomware and can barely defend itself, report
- IoT assault, connected devices increasingly used for DDoS attacks
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- DōTERRA breach exposes customer info; including SS, DOB, and addresses
- UPDATE: Petya ransomware leverages Dropbox and overwrites hard drives
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- End-of-support devices on networks weakening cyberdefenses, report
- Android.Lockerscreen using pseudorandom passcodes to ensure payouts
- FBI investigating hacked mobile phones of Democratic officials
- 70% of IDTMs want UK gov to do more so young people enter tech field
- 69% of office professionals in the UK hoard data