Privacy experts held a candid talk on government methods for obtaining citizen information, and on how the industry can help buffer unfettered data collection.
In light of the RSA-NSA controversy, a number of speakers, who originally planned to speak at RSA Conference 2014, pulled out and formed a lineup for TrustyCon.
Jeff Forristal demonstrated the hack during a session on "predatory hacking of mobile devices."
Speakers at this week's RSA Conference in San Francisco stressed that the bring-your-own-device (BYOD) trend is changing - not ending.
The tools that organizations have relied on to protect their networks are antiquated and no longer work.
Today's targeted attacks use advanced malware designed to defeat IT security controls through a variety of approaches that either confuse or avoid them altogether.
While he may not be attending the RSA Conference this year in San Francisco, the Information Security Forum's Steve Durbin hopes that there will be an emphasis on discussions that lead to increasing shareholder value.
Known for his work on car hacking in 2013, Chris Valasek, director of security intelligence at IOActive, will be sharing even more insight on automotive security at the RSA Conference 2014 in San Francisco.
With endless amounts of talks taking place at the end of the month in San Francisco, we caught up with Paul Lipman, CEO of Total Defense, to see what's on his radar for RSA Conference 2014.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers
- Hearthstone gamers who download cheats may be cursed with malware
- Cryptowall has been a cash bonanza for criminals, failure for cops
- IRS hackers try to use stolen SSNs to generate E-file PINs
- Report: Pros urged to roll out IT projects before they are security-ready
- Security issues plague web dating software