Copyright News, Articles and Updates
Canada's Bill C-11 leaves us with a few concerns and unanswered questions when it comes to rules and restrictions on the process of data backup.
The FBI-led takedown of Hong Kong-based P2P site MegaUpload -- and the arrests in New Zealand of its leaders -- was a big win for law enforcement. But pursuing suspects across borders can be tricky.
Representatives from the Pirate Party of Canada highlighted the irony of Canadian government officials using file-sharing sites to infringe on copyright.
The Supreme Court of Canada has heard arguments seeking to overturn a lower court ruling on so-called fair dealing of copyrighted material.
Canada has reintroduced controversial copyright measures in a new bill that will legally enable companies to stop Canadians copying digital products.
On his way to a decisive victory in the May 2 federal election, Prime Minister Stephen Harper promised Canadians stability. Will that equate to a stabile, contemporary digital copyright infrastructure?
For the second time in three years, legislation to bring Canada's copyright law into the digital age has fallen victim to parliamentary dissolution.
Canada's government calls its new copyright bill "a common sense balance between the interests of consumers and the rights of the creative community," but initial response to the legislation was tepid at best.
SC Magazine Articles
- WordPress Summer of Pwnage: 64 holes in 21 days
- Deal with the devil: Ransomware experiment proves you can negotiate price down
- 2.3 million 'Warframe,' 'Clash of Kings' accounts compromised
- Microsoft EOP exposes users to data breaches, whitepaper
- WhatsApp in the spotlight after Turkey publishes messages of coup officers
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas hit with POS breach
- X-ray and MRI machines among devices used as springboards for data breach attacks
- Hacker purportedly selling over 650,000 stolen medical records on dark web marketplace
- Wi-Fi warning! Study finds U.S. unaware of public Wi-fi risks
- Russian hackers take the stage at DNC convention
- TSA master key hackers expose dangers of physical and digital key escrow policies
- Patchwork cyberespionage campaign branches out to strike businesses
- Proliferation of hacker culture helped keep Anonymous from being branded terrorist org
- SC wins three top national honors from ASBPE