Coreflood News, Articles and Updates
The U.S. government was justified to take control of Coreflood bot servers.
Two recent botnet takedowns have demonstrated why going on the offensive is a viable way to cleanse compromised computers. But such tactics may set questionable precedents.
A new strategy used by the U.S. government to disassemble the notorious Coreflood bonet has some wondering whether a poor precedent was set.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought