The U.S. government was justified to take control of Coreflood bot servers.
Two recent botnet takedowns have demonstrated why going on the offensive is a viable way to cleanse compromised computers. But such tactics may set questionable precedents.
A new strategy used by the U.S. government to disassemble the notorious Coreflood bonet has some wondering whether a poor precedent was set.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Supreme Court hears first appeals case for exec convicted under CFAA
- Black SEO offered to cyber-criminals
- FBI investigates Russian hacker that stole billions of login credentials
- 5M affected in VTech breach; security concerns raised with popular holiday items
- Internet of malicious things: Yale home automation vulnerable