Teams will develop high-performance computers to compete in a CTF-style tournament at the 2016 DEF CON Conference in Las Vegas.
GE will purchase the cyber security company, known for protecting industrial sites and power plants.
Testifying before a House committee, the Comptroller General said the DHS remains on the high-risk list but is moving clear progress.
The Canadian government has unlocked $155 million in funding to bolster cyber security, just as the Auditor General issued a negative report.
The increasing connectedness of infrastructure increases the cascading effect an attack can have on other infrastructure sectors and capabilities.
Driven by increasing use of cloud and mobile services, and cyber criminal activity from hacktivists, terrorist groups, nation-state actors and those out for financial gain, the global cyber security market is expected to grow by 11.3 percent each year.
The only way to gain the upper hand on today's advanced adversaries is by being proactive -- even aggressive, a tactic that can take many forms, says Joel Yonts, CISO of an automotive supply company.
Me and my job: Matthew Dosmann, lieutenant colonel, U.S. Army
Threat of the month: Chrome exploit
Boardrooms are finally buzzing with serious discussion around cyber security as countless high-profile breaches have produced massive loss.
While anti-malware strategies and new technology may stump cyber criminals, it's public collaboration they should fear.
A group of Republican senators on Thursday introduced a competing bill to the bipartisan Cybersecurity Act of 2012, which was unveiled two weeks ago.
Standards and policy leaders are concerned about the lack of threat intelligence on smart grid.
To thrwart web attackers, organizations must think like a criminal and turn to tricks that will stop attackers in their tracks -- or even make them believe that they are succeeding.
Canada received a mediocre ranking in cyber security, according to a new report ranking countries on their security stance.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- 'Sexy Girls' wallpaper app in Google Play store accessed account info
- Zeus variant targeting Canadian banks, U.S. banks may also be a target
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- 'GHOST' bug in Linux library enables remote takeover of victim's system
- Firm finds link between Regin spy tool and QWERTY keylogger
- Report: From Q3 to Q4, 90 percent increase in global DDoS attacks observed
- Researchers observe databases being encrypted, websites held for ransom
- ZeroAccess botnet reactivates, click fraud activity resumes
- BCBS of Tennessee shares personal data on 80K in marketing campaign
- Tips for organizations in the wake of the biggest corporate hack in history