Whether it is defending against cyber terrorism, cyber warfare, or malicious hackers, it seems clear that securing our countries critical infrastructure must be a nationwide priority.
Former CIA counter-terror official Cofer Black negotiated a pulled fire alarm to warn conference attendees of the risk posted by cyber.
If the policy discussion around digital risks continues on its current course, the U.S. government may make some unwise decisions, according to a new academic research paper.
The FBI must bolster its information sharing and cybersecurity expertise to effectively investigate and combat the most serious cyber intrusions, according to a new audit.
More than 100 foreign intelligence agencies have attempted to penetrate U.S. government defense networks, a Pentagon official said Tuesday at the 2011 RSA Conference in San Franscisco.
If you think there is nothing personal to gain for public officials who use words like "cyberterrorism," think again.
2011 promises to deliver a major influx of mobile application attacks, plus other sophisticated digital assaults, said Dave DeWalt, CEO of McAfee, during a keynote address Wednesday at SC Congress Canada in Toronto.
Grassroots block-by-block cyber threat awareness CIO or IT managers can teach the best practices in cybersecurity and reap the benefits of helping protect and secure your eCity.
Is a sting merely legitimized social engineering? Why cops don't have to tell you they're cops - online or off.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Impact of Linux bug 'grinch' spans servers, workstations, Android devices and more
- House, in rush vote, passes Intelligence Authorization Act
- More than 100K WordPress sites compromised by malware due to plugin vulnerability
- Phishing email contains Word doc, enabling macros leads to malware infection
- U.S. accounts for most Mac OS X attacks and websites seeded with malware
- Neverquest botnet furthers crimeware-as-a-service biz for fraudsters
- Solo attacker likely responsible for phishing campaign, delivering Zeus variant
- Telecommunications companies on the line with FTC, FCC for cramming schemes
- The 10 POS malware families this holiday season
- White House calls Sony hack a "serious national security matter," gov't mulls proper response