Whether it is defending against cyber terrorism, cyber warfare, or malicious hackers, it seems clear that securing our countries critical infrastructure must be a nationwide priority.
Former CIA counter-terror official Cofer Black negotiated a pulled fire alarm to warn conference attendees of the risk posted by cyber.
If the policy discussion around digital risks continues on its current course, the U.S. government may make some unwise decisions, according to a new academic research paper.
The FBI must bolster its information sharing and cybersecurity expertise to effectively investigate and combat the most serious cyber intrusions, according to a new audit.
More than 100 foreign intelligence agencies have attempted to penetrate U.S. government defense networks, a Pentagon official said Tuesday at the 2011 RSA Conference in San Franscisco.
If you think there is nothing personal to gain for public officials who use words like "cyberterrorism," think again.
2011 promises to deliver a major influx of mobile application attacks, plus other sophisticated digital assaults, said Dave DeWalt, CEO of McAfee, during a keynote address Wednesday at SC Congress Canada in Toronto.
Grassroots block-by-block cyber threat awareness CIO or IT managers can teach the best practices in cybersecurity and reap the benefits of helping protect and secure your eCity.
Is a sting merely legitimized social engineering? Why cops don't have to tell you they're cops - online or off.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Popular adult website XTube compromised, delivers malware
- Android vulnerability leaves apps open to malicious overwriting
- One in three of the top million websites are 'risky,' researchers find
- Orgs predict $53M risk, on average, from crypto key, digital cert attacks
- Hanjuan Exploit Kit leveraged in malvertising campaign
- Report: 71 percent of orgs were successfully attacked in 2014
- Self-deleting malware targets home routers to gather information
- 'PoSeidon' point-of-sale malware targets payment card information
- Amedisys notifies nearly 7,000 individuals of potential breach
- Report: More than 15,000 vulnerabilities in nearly 4,000 applications reported in 2014
- IBM will invest $3 billion in new IoT unit
- Infostealer Laziok targets energy companies
- 30 percent of practitioners say they would pay cyber extortionists to retrieve their data
- The best defense is a good offense: The importance of securing your endpoints
- British Airways says rewards accounts hacked, locked down