Whether it is defending against cyber terrorism, cyber warfare, or malicious hackers, it seems clear that securing our countries critical infrastructure must be a nationwide priority.
Former CIA counter-terror official Cofer Black negotiated a pulled fire alarm to warn conference attendees of the risk posted by cyber.
If the policy discussion around digital risks continues on its current course, the U.S. government may make some unwise decisions, according to a new academic research paper.
The FBI must bolster its information sharing and cybersecurity expertise to effectively investigate and combat the most serious cyber intrusions, according to a new audit.
More than 100 foreign intelligence agencies have attempted to penetrate U.S. government defense networks, a Pentagon official said Tuesday at the 2011 RSA Conference in San Franscisco.
If you think there is nothing personal to gain for public officials who use words like "cyberterrorism," think again.
2011 promises to deliver a major influx of mobile application attacks, plus other sophisticated digital assaults, said Dave DeWalt, CEO of McAfee, during a keynote address Wednesday at SC Congress Canada in Toronto.
Grassroots block-by-block cyber threat awareness CIO or IT managers can teach the best practices in cybersecurity and reap the benefits of helping protect and secure your eCity.
Is a sting merely legitimized social engineering? Why cops don't have to tell you they're cops - online or off.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- DDoS attacks enter new frontier with Portmapper
- John McAfee points to lone woman as Ashley Madison attacker while company offers reward
- Sandbox violation in Apple's iOS affects MDM users, could enable breaches
- Outsourcing IT security continues to grow, study finds
- Judge grants father in custody case access to ex-wife's Facebook profile
- After online report, Twitter user denies involvement in Ashley Madison hack
- Apple fixes bad case of Ins0mnia in iOS 8.4.1
- Pastor set free on bail following charge in global hacking ploy
- Report: Phishing costs average organization $3.7 million per year
- 5th Circuit: Online bullying prevented fair trial for NOPD officers post-Katrina