Cyberattacks News, Articles and Updates
Director of National Intelligence James Clapper warned in testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee that cyberattacks and threats from hackers are getting worse.
Publicly traded Canadian companies experienced 50 percent more cyberattacks in 2011 than in the previous year, study
Public companies now must disclose known or potential cyber incidents if they would make investment in the company "speculative or risky," according to a document.
The cost of digital crimes now rivals the illegal drug trade, according to a new report from Symantec.
Following McAfee's revelations about a massive cyberspying campaign dubbed Operation Shady Rat, a security firm has released a free tool to help organizations determine whether their corporate network was compromised during the attack. The tool, released by cyberthreat management company Seculert, and called Shady Rat Checker, checks IP addresses against those found on the Shady Rat command and control server, Seculert CTO Aviv Raff told SCMagazineUS.com. McAfee said at least 70 different companies worldwide were impacted by the attack, which targeted intellectual property - including government data, business dealings and corporate research. Seculert has identified IP addresses from hundreds of enterprises that have communicated with the nefarious server.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Three zero-days found in iOS, Apple suggests users update their iPhone
- MedSec goes its own way with medical device flaw
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Juniper confirms leaked "NSA exploits" affect its firewalls, no patch released yet
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- No hacking required: Israeli researchers show how to steal data through PC components
- Don't connect your charging cell to a computer or you may get hacked!
- Six senators urge Obama to prioritize cybercrime at G20 summit
- Creating a buzz: USBee software causes air-gapped computers to leak data via USB connections
- Privacy advocates upset over FAA drone regulations, citizen takes action
- Voter database hack in Illinois by foreign intruder compromises info of 200K
- Fantom and FairWare ransomware discovered