There's been quite a bit of lip service paid to the ages-old concept of information sharing, says Illena Armstrong, VP, editorial, SC Magazine..
On Tuesday, the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) published trends and findings from 2014.
An Ohio student is under investigation for hacking into a school district server and sharing the information of at least one other student.
After being free on bond since summer 2014, alleged hacker Timothy French has been taken into custody to await his trial, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.
The Justice Department claims that two of the six defendants are former employees of U.S. tech firms.
Between February and April, cybercriminals used the ransomware to extort $76,522 from 163 victims, FireEye found.
Four men were arrested for allegedly participating in a nationwide identity theft scheme that allowed them to obtain millions of dollars in fraudulent tax refunds.
Both the U.K. and Nigeria toughened their legal stances on cybercrime this month with Nigeria even allowing for the death sentence.
Juniper Research revealed the findings in a report on "The Future of Cybercrime and Security."
Charles Harvey Eccleston allegedly targeted U.S Department of Energy and U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission employees with spear phishing emails designed to drop malware on their systems.
Russia and Chiana have agreed to join forces stop not hack each other as well as to fight cyber attacks as well.
Two men were arrested for conspiring to breach Photobucket security and sell private information.
You see it every day in the media, blog posts and industry marketing; "It isn't a question of if, but when." This defeatist attitude is settling over the industry like Death's own shawl.
The IRS is assembling a team to combat the rising tide of identity theft and fraudulent tax return claims.
The FBI has created a new position to help coordinate its response efforts to cybercrimes and establish better data sharing relationships.
The brothers allegedly hacked into the website of a cosmetics company and stole customer credit card data and personal information.
Indian officials met with a Japanese contingent last week to discuss how the two nations could work together to fight cyber crime and invest in India's IT sector.
EllisLab doesn't yet know who's responsible for hacking into its servers March 24 and potentially compromising customer information.
A Canadian woman was arrested for allegedly infecting computers using a RAT, and harassing and spying on victims.
It is important for everybody to stay vigilant when online, says Lena Smart, CIO, New York Power Authority.
Hackers pilfered almost $5 million from the budget airline in an unauthorized electronic funds transfer through a bank in China.
Austin P. Berglas, assistant SAIC of the FBI's New York cyber branch will become senior managing director and head of K2 Intelligence's U.S. Cyber Investigations and Incident response practice.
Former GCHQ director Sir Iain Lobban will be joining London-based Standard Chartered bank to prevent cybercrime.
Technology can't replace the value of online safety education, the key to keeping kids out of predators' paths, panelists shared.
The majority of threat actors attacking organisations are cyber-criminals, according to a landmark survey for ISACA and RSA Conference.
Nearly six months after the State Department announced an attack on its unclassified email system, the likely attackers have been identified and their tactics detailed.
An Illinois IT manager was federally indicted for launching a cyber attack against his former employer.
The New York resident, Mario Chuisano, was also ordered to pay nearly $2.7 million in restitution.
The retail giant is expected to reach a $20 million settlement with MasterCard as compensation for cost incurred in the the 2013 breach.
The second member of a cyber crime syndicate cash out crew that attempted to steal $15 million from bank customers was sentenced to prison Tuesday.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Study: Employees acknowledge risky security behavior, continue to engage in it
- Hack of airplane systems described in FBI docs raises security questions
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Thousands of Bellevue Hospital Center patients notified of data breach
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Investigation ongoing in reported multimillion member Adult FriendFinder breach
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes