Databases News, Articles and Updates
In light of a controversial zero-day flaw that was never patched, customers should pressure database giant Oracle into being more dependable, transparent and timely when it comes to fixing security problems.
A security researcher who reported a vulnerability in the popular Oracle database product said Thursday that his discovery was never patched and remains wide open to attack.
Throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories, covering the Reader Trust, Professional and Excellence sections.
The crown jewels of any organization is its data, but without applications the data is not useful, says SC Magazine Technology Editor Peter Stephenson.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Epic hack, thousands of salted logins stolen
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought