Databases News, Articles and Updates
In light of a controversial zero-day flaw that was never patched, customers should pressure database giant Oracle into being more dependable, transparent and timely when it comes to fixing security problems.
A security researcher who reported a vulnerability in the popular Oracle database product said Thursday that his discovery was never patched and remains wide open to attack.
Throughout the day, SC Magazine will be announcing the finalists from each of its 32 award categories, covering the Reader Trust, Professional and Excellence sections.
The crown jewels of any organization is its data, but without applications the data is not useful, says SC Magazine Technology Editor Peter Stephenson.
SC Magazine Articles
- WhatsApp in the spotlight after Turkey publishes messages of coup officers
- Trump's Russian interests and Guccifer 2.0
- WordPress Summer of Pwnage: 64 holes in 21 days
- Russian hackers take the stage at DNC convention
- Proliferation of hacker culture helped keep Anonymous from being branded terrorist org
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild