Researchers believe watering hole strategies, where attackers compromise sites visited by their targets, are used to steal personal information and set the stage for spear phishing attacks.
The chairs of the five conference tracks taking place later this month at the Black Hat show in Las Vegas took some time Thursday to discuss some of the more riveting sessions that are planned.
Defense contractors appear to be the prime target of sophisticated malware that attempts to take advantage of an unpatched flaw in Adobe Reader and Acrobat software.
The Advanced Cyber Security Center will partner businesses and research universities to share threat information and develop more effective defense strategies.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Skype targeted by T9000 backdoor trojan
- CISO salaries and demand for cyber-skills skyrockets, surprising no-one
- Student SSNs exposed in University of Central Florida breach
- Malwarebytes says sorry for multiple AV bugs, still unpatched
- Ransomware and POS attackers to zero in on small businesses, retailers