Department Of Homeland Security
The Obama administration has drafted a cyber security executive order that is similar to the Cybersecurity Act of 2012 bill that was struck down by the Senate.
Lancope has appointed Tom Cross as director of security research, Wells Fargo & Co. has named Rich Baich CISO, and other personnel announcements and corporate happenings.
An Illinois water utility pump failure may have been an accident caused by an employee -- not the work of foreign hackers.
The event was launched on Friday with a gathering in Ypsilanti, Mich., featuring Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano and White House Cybersecurity Coordinator Howard Schmidt.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Chinese govt. complied with U.S. request to arrest hackers
- Obama administration will not push for legislation requiring mandatory encryption
- Data Security in the 21st Century: Understanding what data to protect
- Consumers need to up password security: Darren Guccione of Keeper Security
- U.S. authorities identify Chinese companies that benefited from military cybertheft