Department Of Homeland Security
The Obama administration has drafted a cyber security executive order that is similar to the Cybersecurity Act of 2012 bill that was struck down by the Senate.
Lancope has appointed Tom Cross as director of security research, Wells Fargo & Co. has named Rich Baich CISO, and other personnel announcements and corporate happenings.
An Illinois water utility pump failure may have been an accident caused by an employee -- not the work of foreign hackers.
The event was launched on Friday with a gathering in Ypsilanti, Mich., featuring Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano and White House Cybersecurity Coordinator Howard Schmidt.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Popular adult website XTube compromised, delivers malware
- Orgs predict $53M risk, on average, from crypto key, digital cert attacks
- Report: More than 15,000 vulnerabilities in nearly 4,000 applications reported in 2014
- British Airways says rewards accounts hacked, locked down
- IBM will invest $3 billion in new IoT unit
- Wake up! What are you doing to battle breach fatigue?
- Obama orders new sanctions program to deter foreign cyber attackers
- 'Volatile Cedar' APT group spies on enterprises, focusing on Lebanese companies
- Orgs need to share info, crave more board oversight, study says
- Human error cited as leading contributor to breaches, study shows