Department Of Homeland Security
The Obama administration has drafted a cyber security executive order that is similar to the Cybersecurity Act of 2012 bill that was struck down by the Senate.
Lancope has appointed Tom Cross as director of security research, Wells Fargo & Co. has named Rich Baich CISO, and other personnel announcements and corporate happenings.
An Illinois water utility pump failure may have been an accident caused by an employee -- not the work of foreign hackers.
The event was launched on Friday with a gathering in Ypsilanti, Mich., featuring Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano and White House Cybersecurity Coordinator Howard Schmidt.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- 'Sexy Girls' wallpaper app in Google Play store accessed account info
- Zeus variant targeting Canadian banks, U.S. banks may also be a target
- New attack uses ransomware to drop trojans and keyloggers
- 'GHOST' bug in Linux library enables remote takeover of victim's system
- Firm finds link between Regin spy tool and QWERTY keylogger
- Report: From Q3 to Q4, 90 percent increase in global DDoS attacks observed
- Researchers observe databases being encrypted, websites held for ransom
- ZeroAccess botnet reactivates, click fraud activity resumes
- BCBS of Tennessee shares personal data on 80K in marketing campaign
- Tips for organizations in the wake of the biggest corporate hack in history