Department Of Homeland Security News, Articles and Updates
The Obama administration has drafted a cyber security executive order that is similar to the Cybersecurity Act of 2012 bill that was struck down by the Senate.
Lancope has appointed Tom Cross as director of security research, Wells Fargo & Co. has named Rich Baich CISO, and other personnel announcements and corporate happenings.
An Illinois water utility pump failure may have been an accident caused by an employee -- not the work of foreign hackers.
The event was launched on Friday with a gathering in Ypsilanti, Mich., featuring Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano and White House Cybersecurity Coordinator Howard Schmidt.
SC Magazine Articles
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- WikiLeaks postings of Turkish emails included active links to malware
- U.S. government extends offer to protect states from electoral cyberthreats
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- Cisco shedding 7% of its workforce
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- After NSA leaks, a renewed interest in vulnerability disclosure
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Saving money on security software by improving cyber posture, report
- Two-thirds of IT security pros surveyed expect a breach to hit their company, report
- Epic hack, thousands of salted logins stolen