Risks exist in the e-discovery process, as sensitive information frequently moves and is stored outside a company's firewall.
James Holderman, chief judge of the U.S. District Court in Chicago, is working to improve the e-discovery process for lawyers and IT teams at a time when digital evidence has never been so prolific.
Symantec on Thursday acquired Clearwell Systems, a provider of e-discovery, archiving and backup solutions, for $390 million. According to Symantec, the purchase augments its information management and governance portfolio by allowing customers to manage and discover their information with increased speed, efficiency and scalability. Citing a Gartner report, Symantec said companies with a strategy for content archiving will spend a third less on discovery than organizations without one.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Nearly 90 percent of Android devices vulnerable to endless reboot bug
- Women in IT Security: 10 Power Players
- Scanner identifies thousands of malicious Android apps on Google Play, other markets
- Report: Phishing costs average organization $3.7 million per year
- Women in IT Security: Women of influence