Risks exist in the e-discovery process, as sensitive information frequently moves and is stored outside a company's firewall.
James Holderman, chief judge of the U.S. District Court in Chicago, is working to improve the e-discovery process for lawyers and IT teams at a time when digital evidence has never been so prolific.
Symantec on Thursday acquired Clearwell Systems, a provider of e-discovery, archiving and backup solutions, for $390 million. According to Symantec, the purchase augments its information management and governance portfolio by allowing customers to manage and discover their information with increased speed, efficiency and scalability. Citing a Gartner report, Symantec said companies with a strategy for content archiving will spend a third less on discovery than organizations without one.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- FireEye: First multi-vendor ATM malware targeting cardholders
- Customer data possibly compromised in online photo store malware attack
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield announces breach, 10.5M records at risk
- CVS employee steals data on 55K Molina Healthcare members
- False Facebook 'dislike button' ensnares users