Electronic Frontier Foundation News, Articles and Updates
In the high-priced market of exploit sales, developers resist government regulations -- but are more than happy when one wants to open its coffers to them.
SC Magazine catches up with Marcia Hofmann, senior staff attorney at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, who provides some legal guidance for researchers in the industry.
Is jail time for the crime of visiting the wrong websites the answer to terrorism?
SC Magazine Articles
- Some U.S. Bancorp workers' W-2 info exposed in ADP data breach
- Spearphishing attack nets $495K from investment firm
- Updated: Gmail, Yahoo email credentials among millions found on the dark web
- Report: Ransomware feeds off poor endpoint security
- Organizations need formal vendor risk management programs, study
- Surrey teenager charged under Computer Misuse Act over Mumsnet hack
- Bad guys jump ship to CryptXXX after TeslaCrypt authors release decryption key
- Variant of Cerber ransomware features bot capabilities that could launch DDoS attacks
- GCHQ infosec group disclosed kernel privilege exploit to Apple
- Bratton: NYC gangs turning to cybercrime, encryption thwarting investigations