Email Content Management/Filtering
WHAT: The WatchGuard XCS 580 (Extensible Content Security Appliance) is an easy-to-use, all-inclusive email and web appliance that provides security and privacy of inbound and outbound traffic.
PRICE: $6,500: includes hardware, one year email security, one year LiveSecurity Plus; add email encryption for $2,600 per year for up to 500 users; $3,575 annual email subscription and LiveSecurity Plus renewal; multi-year discounts available.
VENDOR: Safe-T Data
WHAT: Safe-T Box is a secure email and data exchange solution comprised of three components offering high levels of security for secure email solutions.
PRICE: $35,400 ($30,000 base plus 18 percent support).
WHAT: McAfee Email Gateway protects networks from viruses, undesirable content, spam and other threats.
PRICE: $4.75-$25 per user per year, depending on user count and term commitment.
WHAT: EdgeWave ePrism offers a complete suite of email security services.
PRICE: Ranges from $26 to $11 per user per year.
VENDOR: Barracuda Networks
WHAT: The Barracuda Spam Firewall is an integrated hardware and software solution designed to protect the email server from spam, virus, spoofing, phishing and spyware attacks.
PRICE: $3,999 (hardware), Energize Updates (provides the latest spam and virus definitions as well as provides customers with access to technical support, new firmware releases and the opportunity to participate in the Barracuda Early Release Firmware program).
WHAT: MailGate is a secure collaboration gateway appliance which combines email security and content management gateway functionality.
PRICE: Starts at $8,000, including hardware and first year’s support and maintenance.
VENDOR: WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.
WHAT: The XCS (Extensible Content Security) Appliance from WatchGuard provides solid email security and email content management in one easy-to-manage appliance.
WHAT: McAfee Email Protection offers full-scale email security and content management in a single appliance with flexible deployment options.
PRICE: Ranges from $25 to $4.75 per user per year.
VENDOR: Fortinet, Inc.
WHAT: The FortiMail-200D from Fortinet features many email security features bundled into an easy-to-manage appliance.
PRICE: $4,598 for the appliance, plus $1,100 for anti-malware licenses.
VENDOR: F-Secure Ltd
WHAT: The F-Secure Protection Service for Email is a fully hosted email security offering that can work in tandem with an already existing email server to provide a complete set of email security features.
PRICE: Staring at $12 per license per year.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Study: Employees acknowledge risky security behavior, continue to engage in it
- Hack of airplane systems described in FBI docs raises security questions
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Thousands of Bellevue Hospital Center patients notified of data breach
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Investigation ongoing in reported multimillion member Adult FriendFinder breach
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes