SendGrid said the breach occurred after an employee account was compromised.
In an attack very similar to one last year, a SendGrid customer was compromised through its mail service account.
Researchers have picked up on a new spam campaign that sends victims phishing messages from a .gov account that thwarts email validation systems.
Hillary Clinton's emails went unencrypted for the first three months she was secretary of state but have been encrypted since.
Clinton said that the private email system she used during her tenure as Secretary of State was "effective and secure."
Hillary Clinton used a private email account during her tenure as secretary of state.
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is catching flak for exclusively using her personal email account to do business for the four years she was at the State Department.
Spoofed emails claiming to be from the IRS and TurboTax are on the rise with attackers aiming to swipe personal information to ultimately steal tax refunds.
Symantec warns of a phishing campaign that fools victims with fake emails from LinkedIn Support.
Email security is a problem that continues to pop up in the news every two weeks and something needs to change.
The organization alerted partner companies of a breach that took place in July, in which attackers attempted to glean sensitive information.
Users who are duped and open up an attachment that claims to be a voice message become infected with the info-stealing malware.
Phishing emails are made to look like order confirmations from major retailers, like Best Buy, Target and Walmart, security firm Malcovery warns.
The latest ruse leverages the uptick in holiday shopping in order to lure victims into giving up personal information.
Trend Micro detailed the variant and attackers' delivery techniques.
The increase could be attributed to a recently discovered spam campaign that involves phony emails claiming to be from the Canadian Post or USPS.
Researchers at PhishMe warned of the campaign that uses purported payment confirmations to fool victims.
The bug, CVE-2014-6352, has a temporary solution, but still no permanent fix from Microsoft.
Email samples discovered by researchers at Trustwave reveal how attackers are infecting users with the DarkComet Remote Access Trojan.
Jaime Estrada was sentenced to nine months in prison and was ordered to pay a $10,000 fine.
Google announced Tuesday that it will begin warning Gmail users if they are being targeted by state-sponsored attacks in hopes that they can take "immediate steps" to secure their accounts.
Researchers at security firm F-Secure said this week they have spotted a malicious PDF making the rounds that opens a legitimate copy of the Games' schedule, but in the background it tries to connect to a malicious website.
Cyber criminals have cloaked spam to resemble US Airways check-in emails in phishing attempts that lead to Zeus trojan infections.
Trustwave, a cloud-based compliance and information security solutions provider, announced on Tuesday it will acquire M86 Security, a web security solutions and anti-malware provider.
The feature, which is currently available for users in the U.S. Canada, India, and the Philippines, requires a second form of verification beyond a password for any "suspicious" login attempt.
A message purportedly sent from the FBI Anti-Terrorist and Monetary Crimes Division is making its way to inboxes, threatening recipients that they will be arrested if they do not reply back.
Most spam messages sent in recent days have been delivered with subject lines containing fake order or ticket numbers, delivery invoices, payment notices or tax information, according to researchers from security firm Websense.
A Reddit user with the handle "Roddds" found the credentials of 47,000 webmail users after investigating a phishing message.
Attackers have been circulating a trojan via email messages with subjects such as "ACH payroll payment was not accepted by Central Trust and Savings Bank."
Patrick Ricciardi, 45, allegedly abused his access as an information systems specialist to spy on official emails meant for Hoboken, N.J. Mayor Dawn Zimmer.
Sign up to our newsletters
SC Magazine Articles
- Long list of devices believed to be affected by NetUSB vulnerability
- Scammers target oil companies with sneaky attack
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield breached, more than one million individuals notified
- Study: Employees acknowledge risky security behavior, continue to engage in it
- Hack of airplane systems described in FBI docs raises security questions
- Hackers exploit Starbucks auto-reload feature to steal from customers
- Study: Nearly all SAP systems remain unpatched and vulnerable to attacks
- Former Nuclear Regulatory Commission employee arrested for alleged spear phishing campaign
- Millions of WordPress websites vulnerable to XSS bug
- FireEye first cybersecurity firm awarded DHS SAFETY Act certification
- Thousands of Bellevue Hospital Center patients notified of data breach
- Study: 86 percent of websites contain at least one 'serious' vulnerability
- Investigation ongoing in reported multimillion member Adult FriendFinder breach
- Report: $19M breach settlement between MasterCard, Target terminated
- FTC gives thumbs up to companies that cooperate during breach probes