Embedded Devices News, Articles and Updates
While scenarios in which network-enabled medical devices, such as pacemakers, are hacked has shown to be possible, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration believes the real-life risk is growing.
The hacks of the tomorrow may target devices one never thought could be susceptible to compromise, like dishwashers and refrigerators. But a hypothetical glimpse into the future may make you think differently about what's to come.
Two research presentations set to be delivered next week in Las Vegas will shine the spotlight on the vulnerability of smart meters.
Better coordination, actionable information, and risk awareness are needed to protect the country's critical infrastructure, especially the power grid, according a congressional watchdog report.
HP has quietly delivered a fix for a vulnerability in some of its printers that could be leveraged to steal sensitive documents, gain control of corporate networks, or even set the affected devices on fire.
Hewlett-Packard has shot down claims that a vulnerability in some of its printers could be used to set the devices on fire.
Hackers compromised cash registers at campus dining locations at the University of California, Riverside to hijack credit and debit card numbers.
HP LaserJet printers do not validate the origin of remote firmware updates before applying them, meaning anyone could potentially reprogram them to access a corporate network -- or even light them on fire.
A Type 1 diabetic said Thursday that hackers can remotely change his insulin pump to levels that could kill him.
Two researchers demonstrated Wednesday how they were able to send commands via a laptop to unlock the doors of a Subaru Outback and actually start the car.
Certain models of HP combination printer and scanner devices contain a feature that could allow for corporate espionage, according to researchers.
Two critical vulnerabilities have been discovered in an embedded operating system used in 500 million devices.
SC Magazine Articles
- USAA members hit with multiple phishing attacks
- Industry pros react to Cisco, Fortinet advisories after possible Snowden NSA leak
- Trust exercise: Symantec's new website security expert is reaching out to hacker community
- U.S. government extends offer to protect states from electoral cyberthreats
- Cisco shedding 7% of its workforce
- Microsoft Office 365 hit with massive Cerber ransomware attack, report
- CEO sacked after aircraft company grounded by whaling attack
- Microsoft warns of new, self-propagating ransomware in the wild
- Wendy's POS breach 'considerably' bigger than first thought
- The media becomes the story as hackers focus efforts on news organizations
- Researchers quell Wildfire ransomware with decryption key
- M&A deals bring added cybersecurity risks
- Twitoor first Android malware known to leverage Twitter for command and control
- Juniper confirms leaked "NSA exploits" affect its firewalls, no patch released yet